BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
We’re seeking for a seasoned developer with expertise in Kdb and general purpose programming language either Java or Python, to join the team of strong technical professionals who can help in building next generation Risk Platform, Work on the quantitative analytics, generate trading signals and MIS reporting.
Work within the BitMEX Link technology organization to build monitoring and reporting capabilities for our market risk and product control stakeholders:
- Ensure high data quality through analysis and working with large datasets and liaising with Data Engineering and Electronic Trading Platform Engineers to ensure there are no data gaps.
- Build accurate reporting allowing the Market Risk department to assess credit, market, liquidity, and financial risk by collating data from multiple sources, building metrics and analytics.
- Deploy monitoring capability to ensure the business operates within agreed risk limits.
- Work closely with key stakeholders, namely the Market Risk department, Finance team and Traders, to understand their requirements, design and implement solutions.
- Experience of working in an Investment banking or finance related field (e.g. Equities, FX, HFT, Electronic Trading, Data Analytics) with knowledge of financial markets, including derivative products.
- Computer science or engineering degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Q/KDB+.
- Familiar with OOP programming languages such as Java or Python.
- Working knowledge of access and analyzing data in Q/KDB+.
- Familiar with data visualization tools such as Grafana and Tableau.
- Following TDD/BDD methodologies and programming best practices (such as writing clean and modular code).
- Comfortable working with developer tools such as GIT, Jira and Confluence.
- Familiar with managing automated build, test and deployment pipelines (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins)
- Strong problem-solving skills and be a confident communicator.
- Good understanding of Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience of running applications in Cloud environment
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.