BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the SDK team within the Blockchain Unit to help us build our next generation of SDKs. new features and applications for our enterprise clients. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable, and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Build strong, resilient, and modular open-source and internal libraries to power our blockchain services: hot and cold wallets, indexing, staking, and broadcasting services among others
- Own the core SDK functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the open-source dev community
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams and the open-source community to ensure consistency in understanding technical requirements
- Take direct responsibility for the quality, the release process, and distribution of the SDK
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- At least 5 years of experience developing SDKs, libraries, or backend development
- Knowledge of best practices around monorepo packages
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Great with unit and functional testing and debugging
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in microservices architecture
- Strong experience with the NPM release process and semantic versioning
- Experience with RESTful API design
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain industry
- Understanding and experience working in the financial industry
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employees, partner,s and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners, and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.