BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (DeFi) who will join the DeFi team as an early member and core contributor. The DeFi team was born out of BitGo’s success bringing BTC to ETH in the form of WBTC. In 2021, the team integrated the BitGo platform with MetaMask Institutional and began work on NFT wallets. We are chain agnostic and our 2022 roadmap includes continued improvements to the MMI integration, NFT work (foundry, ERC1155s), L2 onboarding and liquidity enablement solutions (L1-L1, L1-L2, L2-L2).
- Early contributor to BitGo’s further expansion into the DeFi ecosystem
- Work to refine and optimize the MetaMask Institutional DeFi wallet microservice
- Help maintain BitGo’s open source ETH multisig wallet contracts
- Participate in development of WBTC on new blockchains (i.e., WBTC on Solana)
- Expand BitGo’s capacity as a cross-chain service provider to other assets (i.e., WETH on Solana)
- Work closely with the Product team
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
Who you are:
- Highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual
- Security minded
- Self-starter, reliable and dependable
- Interested in DeFi and the cryptocurrencies ecosystem
- Product oriented
- Flexible with urgent and unforeseen issues
What we look for:
- STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Mathematics) educational background
- Understanding of blockchain technology
- Worked as a software engineer writing Java or Typescript (preferably with NodeJS)
- Knowledge of DeFi ecosystem and ability to talk about specific area of interest
- Thoughtful research and contribution to refining product roadmap and writing TDDs/PRDs
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and CI/CD
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
- Exposure to taking a set of requirements and implementing them fully with minimal guidance
- Experience with RESTful programming conventions
- Experience with ORMs
Nice to have:
- Cryptocurrency experience (any of the following):
- BTC – Operational knowledge of Bitcoin sending and receiving
- ETH – Solidity experience and understanding of theDeFi ecosystem
- SOL – Have written one or more Solana programs in Rust
- Others – Any API interaction or node-level interaction
- Experience having written one or more smart contracts (particularly Solidity, Rust or Clarity)
- Experience in finance and financial products
- OpenAPI specification a plus
- Have interacted directly with Kafka cluster or written consumers / producers in NodeJS
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
The DeFi team at BitGo has a broad mandate and access to ample resources to deliver products on the cutting edge of the crypto asset and burgeoning DeFi economy. In this role you will have the opportunity to write smart contract code and iterate quickly to build microservices which facilitate institutional access to the DeFi ecosystem.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Industry leading compensation (base salary, bonus and stock options)
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
*Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.