Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The Senior Software Engineer will build the next generation of payment/crypto compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring services to support a global payments business. Payments using crypto requires innovative solutions to emerging business needs in this advancing field. This role provides opportunities to think out-of-the box to solve traditional and non-traditional problems using non-traditional approaches. To support a growing business, the Senior Software Engineer will drive quick delivery of features whilst ensuring high performance and resilient solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build enterprise, business operations services including compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring to support a payments business that uses crypto to deliver an innovative experience to customers.
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for on premise and cloud deployments and use cases
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of core products
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience on large scale distributed systems in Java (with Spring/Spring Boot Framework).
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in payments / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- Software development experience in at least one of the web frontend frameworks: Node Js, React JS, Angular Js etc.
- Experience in cloud native technologies and DevOps with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, log file management and reporting, Sumo Logic, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health plans for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Training in our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA, USA
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.