As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day, businesses rely on Elliptic for key data insights to give them an edge in the market. Our unique data set allows customers to see market moves before they happen, driving business decision-making. Our products are used by the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies, responsible for billions of dollars worth of transactions every single week.
Elliptic is backed by some of the top VCs: SoftBank Vision Fund, Octopus Ventures, Evolution Equity Partners, Digital Currency Group, Albion VC, SBI Group, Santander, Wells Fargo, and more, and our global team is based predominantly in the UK, USA, Singapore and Tokyo.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget – personal growth is important to us all.
The impact you will have:
Elliptic is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our market intelligence team who believes in a customer-centric approach to product development. We believe that the fastest route to great products is to involve our customers in every stage of the process, listen to them with empathy, enabling us to fail quickly and cheaply so that we can learn and succeed rapidly.
We want someone who is passionate about creating products customers love using by delighting them with tools designed to be simple to use, intuitive to learn and enable them to perform powerful functions for their business.
We believe that the most innovative solutions arise from empowered and diverse cross functional teams who are focused on creative problem solving together.
At Elliptic you will:
- Join a dedicated cross-functional team tasked with bringing a new product to market and be responsible for the design approach end-to-end, working with business leaders, data science, product, and engineers.
- Experiment with ideas and test hypotheses, iterating quickly with prospective customers to discover value. Bring the best of these ideas to life with the team to quickly validate and iterate on them to help us achieve our goals.
- Learn an exciting new industry and become an expert in it quickly by collaborating with a team with deep domain understanding.
- Collaborate with the wider design team at the company, working together on the continued maturation of our internal design capability.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Extensive experience in Senior Product Design, working within cross-functional teams, building web-based data visualisation products. Financial services data experience would be a bonus.
- Worked as member of these teams with the ability to build and test product discovery and delivery processes such as:
- Used various qualitative and quantitative methods for gathering feedback and insights into different ideas.
- Creating wireframe and prototype concepts to evaluate feasibility and usability options.
- Crafting medium or high fidelity design to assist with clear product outcomes.
- A passion for being a design advocate and looking for ways to continually strengthen our design practice.
- A pragmatic approach to balancing the ideal and the possible. Constantly pushing for us to be better whilst being focused on ensuring we test and learn as fast as we can.
We appreciate how time consuming and stressful interviewing is, so we’ve been really intentional with the way we’ve designed this process. We won’t ask you to complete any exercises or tasks but we will ask you to meet with a variety of our team. With them you will have focused conversations about important aspects of the design role and then be able to ask them questions. We hope this will help you know whether this is going to be a great fit for you, as much as us trying to work out if you’re a good match for us.
Here’s what the steps will look like:
- Meet with our people team for a first chat
- Meet with members of our team across design, product, engineering, marketing and talk through different aspects of your work and experience
- Have a chat with Simone Maini, our CEO plus an opportunity to speak to any of us again if you have any remaining unanswered questions!
- Join the team and change the way the world sees Crypto
- Competitive salary
- Share Options
- Holiday – 25 days + public holidays
- Private Health Insurance – we use Vitality!
- Work Pension Scheme
- Quarterly full-day off-sites & annual company 3-day offsite
- Personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Home office allowance
- Enhanced parental leave; we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and job-protected leave
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Our offices provide all of the amenities you could need
- Work with top of the range equipment – MacBook Pro and any other equipment you need