Ripple is looking for an engineering leader to help manage and guide the Data Infrastructure team in building scalable data infrastructure that will help drive the company. As a senior engineering manager, you will lead the effort to enable Ripple to democratize data by developing self-serving and curated data models through financial hub and data enablement.
Data is core to everything that Ripple does today, and you will mentor and lead the data engineers and data operations pods that will be at the center of data. Our data science research direction, machine learning strategy, and analytics will rely on the infrastructure we build. As a hands-on leader for this team, we will be looking to you to steward the vision and lead the charge to support that future.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and mentor a team of engineers responsible for designing, building, and operating our ever-growing data infrastructure needs
- Establish team objectives in alignment with business goals
- Work closely with our engineering leaders to Identify bottlenecks in our existing data infrastructure and guide the team through a path forward to improve and scale it. Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals
- Support our partners in Product Analytics, Applied Science, and Business Operations
- Build systems and services that abstract the engines and will allow the users to focus on business and application logic via higher-level programming models
- Improve and maintain data pipelines and tools to keep pace with the growth of our data and its consumers
- Identify and analyze requirements and use cases from multiple internal teams (including finance, compliance, analytics, data science, and engineering, ML); work with other technical leads to design solutions for the requirements.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team.
- Develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skills, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work with your team and customers to sketch out the company’s vision for a data services architecture.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of data engineering experience
- 3+ years as a people leader and a technical leader
- 6+ Experience managing data platform related products (data processing, data warehousing, data ingestion)
- Deep experience with distributed systems, distributed data stores, data pipelines, and other tools in cloud services environments (e.g, AWS, GCP)
- Prior experience with data processing technology (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) and workflow management tools (e.g. Airflow, dbt)
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- A strong advocate of data governance and data quality
- Experience with Big data tech stack Hadoop, Spark, Hudi, etc
- Ability to make build versus buy decisions
- Experience with distributed event streaming platforms like Kafka, Flink, etc.
- Experience with database internals, database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming
- You have a passion for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
- You are a strong partner to other engineering and non-engineering teams and can drive cross-functional projects forward.
- You have experience building internal infrastructure that is shared across teams.
- Solid leadership and communication skills
- Experience with AWS and GCP
- Experience in building self-service data services
- Crypto domain knowledge
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.