We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to join our growing accounting team at Ripple. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Manager, Accounting Operations will be a key member in the global operations, accounting, and reporting of crypto assets. This role is unique as it combines technical and operational accounting, reporting and forecasting.
To be successful in this role, you should be detail oriented and process driven while ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). You should be comfortable working cross-functionally and have strong problem-solving skills. Additionally, you should have a genuine interest in the blockchain industry and understanding of the ecosystem.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the monthly close process for all digital assets from reconciliation through assessment of impairment
- Oversee digital asset reporting, including preparation of forecasts to senior management
- Define criteria and requirements while leading the evaluation, selection, and implementation of digital asset cost system
- Partner cross-functionally as we expand the scope of use of digital assets within our business to ensure accurate reporting
- Assist in processing transactions and ensuring adherence to strict security protocols and processes
- Navigate unstructured problems and know how to ask questions to proactively identify potential roadblocks, implement changes in an environment with shifting priorities
- Be the primary contact with FP&A, Tax and other cross-functional teams for all digital asset related matters and business needs
- Ensure business partners are receiving a high level of customer service and insightful reporting for key company programs, projects and other initiatives
- Manage, lead, mentor and develop a growing accounting team
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of industry and public accounting experience with 3+ years in a general accounting or controllership function
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Experience with a variety of operational accounting roles
- Proven record of solving for complex technical and operational accounting issues
- Strong project management with effective communication across departments
- Ability to rapidly respond to changing priorities and accommodate short notice for deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required
- Proven ability to self-direct
- Experience with Intacct or a similar ERP required
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness program
- Industry-leading maternity & paternity leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy- work with your manager to take time off when you need
- Modern office in San Francisco’s financial district
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Weekly lunches or breakfasts and optional gourmet dinners
- Monthly team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.