GnosisDAO builds decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem. Gnosis developed a wide range of products including Gnosis Safe (multisig and programmable account), Cow Protocol (cow.fi, cowswap.exchange), Conditional Tokens (prediction markets), Gnosis Auction (IDO platform), and Zodiac (standard and tooling for composable DAOs). With the xDAI merger and the inception of Gnosis Chain, Gnosis is determined to address the most pressing problem on Ethereum: The ever-rising cost of transactions, pricing out all but the highest-value transactions.
Gnosis Chain is an Ethereum forerunner-companion that addresses scaling issues through solid engineering. We want Gnosis Chain to become the 0xhome of EVM dapps who have been priced out of mainnet. Ethereum used to be colorful and quirky, and it’s time to take that identity back.
Join our top notch team and our challenging mission to build the future of decentralization!
The Department: Legal
The Legal department at Gnosis provides a broad range of legal and strategic advice to the product teams and engages in policy advocacy in the industry. As a lawyer within the Gnosis Legal department, you will handle a variety of cutting edge matters along the intersection of blockchain technology, DAO governance, investment management, regulatory analysis, strategic business advice, intellectual property, and general corporate work. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of blockchain technology.
The Role: Legal Counsel or Senior Legal Counsel (depending on seniority)
As Legal Counsel at Gnosis, you are a talented generalist and team player with a passion for crypto and new tech. Leveraging both breadth and depth of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel, you will have an opportunity-making attitude and use the law to increase Gnosis’ optionality, not decrease it. Having a can-do attitude, you will lead the drafting, revision, evaluation, and negotiation of strategic partnership, IP licensing, consulting, marketing and other financial, commercial, technology, vendor agreements, as well as tax. You will lead various external counsel teams supporting the in-house team. Working closely with other Gnosis stakeholders, you will showcase your proactive and entrepreneurial mindset and play a critical role in building our business.
- Proactively identify and provide risk-weighted advice to business principals and the wider organisaton that balance commercial upside against corresponding legal reputational risk
- Legal product design advice with cross-functional product teams as your partner
- Draft, evaluate, and negotiate a wide variety of legal agreements and memos
- Provide legal advice to various teams within the organisation (including finance and HR)
- Evaluate and communicate legal risks to internal stakeholders and external parties
- A minimum of 1-5 years of relevant legal experience (for legal counsel) or 7 year+ (for Senior Legal Counsel) at a top law firm, startup and/or in-house legal department
- Law degree and admission to practice law in a civil or common law jurisdiction (admission in a EU country, US or commonwealth jurisdiction is an asset)
- Native or close to native English skills
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements
- Detail-oriented, resourceful with excellent follow-through skills, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Resilient, highly-curious, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of uncertainty, responsibility, can-do attitude and self-direction
- High level of business pragmatism and “firefighting abilities”
- Experience in startups
- Excellent Business English
- Having worked in crypto previously is an asset
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gnosis, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Eligibility for token allocations
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Remote work – Gnosis is and will remain a remote-first company
How to apply
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short introduction or Cover Letter explaining your motivations and connection to blockchain ecosystem.
We look forward to your application!
Gnosis is an equal opportunity employer. All employment/consultancy decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law.