Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists and machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting and demonstrating high standards and technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build enterprise-grade liquidity services that manage the storage, movement and trading of crypto and fiat assets
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from software design and requirements gathering to unit and integration testing
- Integrate with the XRP Ledger, a distributed ledger built on the principles of Blockchain and its native currency XRP, the fastest and most scalable digital asset
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal etc
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable and performance enterprise systems as part of a team
- Expert knowledge in the following: C++, GitHub; working knowledge of Python.
- Experience in fintech, markets or trading, and blockchain development is a plus
- Ability to encourage engineering best practices in a team and the larger department
- Intellectual curiosity – you love to dig into how things work and understand how to improve and scale them
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team and organization
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Employee giving donation match
- Modern office location in Bank/Central London
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.