Hyper-Accelerating the Internet of Value.
On the RippleX team at Ripple, we champion the builders of tomorrow by providing the infrastructure, tools, services, programs and support for creation on one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and consistently reliable public blockchain – XRPL. By supporting an open community of developers, they can advance the solutions and innovation needed to allow businesses, consumers, institutions and governments to fuel the engine of a new digital economy.
RippleX operates on the belief that realizing the Internet of Value hinges on how easily new technology works for more people, and how effectively we can change the way the world operates today.
RippleX is helping more people participate in the digital economy through:
- Practical support and capabilities to develop applications that move digital value faster and more easily
- Empowering a community that’s democratizing the digital economy
- The expertise of a technology company that is known for vision and pragmatism
- Blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone
We have a big vision and the ambition to match. We are seeking the same in engineers. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have.There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
You will be joining a team building a highly scalable and available distributed system. Performance and reliability are critical. You will be expected to do everything from architecture and design, to implementing those designs in code (C++), to testing the implementations for correctness and performance, and finally optimizing the implementations for better performance. Our open source application sits one layer above the core software that runs the XRP Ledger, and thus you will work closely with the XRP Ledger protocol and data.
Who We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably backend and/or distributed systems experience.
- 2+ years of experience with a backend and/or systems programming language and environment. We prefer C++ experience, but any other languages will be considered (i.e. golang, Java, rust, NodeJS).
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Experience with asynchronous programming. (i.e. futures, promises, async/await syntax, etc.) and/or experience with low level concurrency. (i.e. threads, mutexes, condition_variables, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Boost.Asio
- Experience with modern C++ (c++11 or later, we use c++17)
- Experience with Postgres and/or Cassandra
- Experience with blockchain/DLT at the protocol level.
This role can be based in San Francisco, NYC or remote.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.