BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Research Engineer with a knowledge of cryptographic computing technologies such as secure multiparty computation, elliptic curve signatures including BLS, encryption/decryption schemes, privacy preserving machine learning and related technologies to join our team. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Research the cryptographic algorithms to be implemented in BitGo Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and SDK
- Audit the cryptographic algorithms implemented in BitGo HSM and SDK
- Provide guidance on BitGo’s internal processes
- Work with other teams to help them deliver new features that run on cryptographic technologies such as key derivation for new coin types
- Deliver Proof of Concepts for new security products
- Help develop and modify code to be deployed to Hardware Security Modules (HSM) in C environment
- Experience with and knowledge of one or more cryptographic-computing techniques (homomorphic encryption, secure multiparty computation, etc.)
- Expertise in C or C++
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning
Additional Nice to Have Qualifications:
- PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Practical knowledge of one or more common development languages (Java, Go, Rust, Python, etc.
- Firmware development experience
- Hands on experience with MPC/TSS based solutions
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.