Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers. We’re on a mission to create the most innovative cryptocurrencies exchange. This is a unique opportunity, a rare window of time at the tipping point of the financial revolution. Much like the early days of the internet, blockchain technology faces complex new challenges and having the best team plays a pivotal role in success.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far our company has grown fast and stayed lean to secure its place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have confidence you can conquer the most challenging feats we’ll encounter, we want to talk to you. Join us, and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future.
We are searching for an organized self-starter to be our new operations assistant. The operations assistant’s responsibilities include reporting directly to the manager and fulfilling the Manager’s duties in their absence. You should also be well-versed in internal operations, take minutes at meetings, forward and distribute mail as required, and prepare and file relevant documents.
To be successful as an operations assistant, you should possess excellent communication skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks. Top candidates will have strong organizational, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
Operations Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Manager with operational issues
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, and sending reminders
- Helping prepare for meetings and accurately recording minutes
- Managing the Manager’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Promptly answering the questions of staff and other stakeholders
- Providing excellent customer service and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports
- Assisting with recruitment and onboarding processes
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database
- Analyzing all operations and forwarding suggestions for improvement to the Manager
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives
- Provide general administrative support
- Handling basic bookkeeping tasks
- Proven experience as an operations assistant or a similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the G Suite (including Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, Calendar)
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A willingness to learn
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.