As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the role
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in the world. We are expanding and innovating throughout all aspects of the company to support this rapid growth, and to ensure that we can effectively execute on our highly ambitious short-, medium- and long-term plans for regional product and market growth.
Regional Operations Associates will play a critical role on a team that is core to Kraken’s global operating effectiveness. You will be expected to operate effectively in a highly cross-functional context, working directly with nearly every team and department in the company.
You will have a unique opportunity to positively influence the entire organization and drive initiatives that directly impact the company’s bottom line. You will work closely with many Krakenites across levels of seniority and spanning multiple departments, helping the organization stay coordinated in this incredibly exciting, innovative and expanding environment.
- Report to the Managing Director of Australia to execute the local deployment of Kraken’s regional operating infrastructure.
- Provide project management support to the Managing Director of Australia and the global regional operations team to implement regional operations process standardization, scaling initiatives and strategic partnership opportunities.
- Develop analytical tools to generate local insights and inform strategic direction of the Australian operation.
- Support the execution of new-product initiatives by providing cross-functional program management to ensure a seamless transition from strategic opportunity development to revenue realization.
- Analyze trends and coordinate information with regional marketing teams to improve effectiveness of client outreach initiatives.
- Conduct data analysis and generate actionable insights. Communicate key results with self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools).
- Cultivate a deep understanding of operational best practices and develop the corporate resources, processes, and standards to implement them.
- Identify potential areas of inefficiency, redundancy, bottlenecked progress or scaling challenges between functions and devise and execute process improvements to address them.
- Establish strong working relationships across functions and management levels, working collaboratively and independently.
- Bring structure and clarity to complex, often ambiguous operational issues.
- Execute program-level work while keeping deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in a top management consulting or advisory services firm.
- Strong interest in and familiarity with both cryptocurrency and traditional financial industries
- Experience and proven track record in business process management consulting or operations roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Experience navigating complex operational hurdles in hyper-growth companies
- Experience working with and interpreting the outputs of Data Analytics tools to support data driven decision making.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Strong contextualization and second-order thinking ability
- Ability to work a flexible full-time schedule to coordinate with global stakeholders
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic
- Excellent organizational and workload management skills, especially with respect to prioritization and proactive verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deconstruct convoluted problems and develop precise plans of action
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of Lean principles, six sigma and/or business process management concepts
- Advanced user of Excel and Powerpoint with a good familiarity of G-Suite equivalents
- Advanced user of task/project management tools such as Jira
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in data analytics suites such as Data Studio
- Intermediate or greater SQL proficiency a major plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.