About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
About Blue Fire Capital
Blue Fire Capital is a leading crypto market maker across the global crypto exchanges and offers state of the art trading infrastructure and direct market access to trading venues worldwide. We develop and implement risk controlled, electronic and fundamental trading strategies that utilize a variety of quantitative techniques to trade in numerous markets.
Blue Fire Capital is actively looking for an entry level Quantitative Trader with a successful track record, trading strategies in crypto currency. This individual will work closely with our Quantitative Traders, Researchers and Developers to research, design, deploy and monitor profitable trading strategies in digital assets. Blue Fire Capital is a leading crypto market maker across the global crypto exchanges and offers state of the art trading infrastructure and direct market access to trading venues in the United States and worldwide. We develop and implement risk controlled, electronic and fundamental trading strategies that utilize a variety of quantitative techniques to trade in numerous markets.
The ideal candidate is a results-driven, disciplined problem solver, and can adapt quickly to new technologies and new market conditions. They will have excellent communication and presentation skills with an aptitude to thrive within a dynamic and fast-paced trading environment.
- Serve as a Quantitative Trader at our rapidly growing Digital Assets desk.
- Monitor and optimize the firm’s existing signal-based strategies in digital assets.
- Research, design and test new automated trading strategies within the firm’s research infrastructure. Develop and deploy profitable strategies.
- Provide guidance for new application features.
- Participate in weekly research meetings and discussions.
- Advanced Degree in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Quantitative Finance, Engineering, Computer Science).
- 0-6+ years of working experience in quantitative trading with proven strategies in futures and/or digital assets (Exceptional candidates with limited working experience, will also be considered).
- A strong background in data science and statistics (e.g., deep learning, machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP).
- Proficient in performing data analysis in Python (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, statsmodels, matplotlib).
- Working knowledge of SQL and Linux OS.
- Experience developing automated trading strategies.
- C#/Python trading strategies developing.
- Knowledge of digital assets, DEFI, Blockchain technologies preferred.
- Available to cover weekend/overnight shifts.
- Ability to work remotely with the team onboarding/training during COVID-19 pandemic to protect employee’s health and safety.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].