BitMEX is the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
As the world’s most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API, BitMEX gives knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD a day.
The Financial Products team designs and oversees products traded on the BitMEX platform and explores the development of new markets and products that may exist away from the platform. The Quant team is an integral part of the Financial Products department, building and maintaining a pricing library, designing and maintaining monitoring tools, and getting involved in longer term strategic projects.
A significant part of this role will involve coding and software development, with a focus to develop new quantitative models, tools and libraries for trading, risk analysis, simulation and pricing. The incumbent will support the implementation of new product offerings, such as option trading, portfolio margining or multi-asset collateral systems. This role will have the opportunity to work with unique proprietary datasets and be involved with longer term strategic projects.
- Formal education in STEM (Science, Technolog, Engineering, Mathematics), preferably a PhD or Masters in Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
- Strong experience and knowledge of Python (5+ years) and its ecosystem including quant-related libraries with a particular focus on correctness, robustness, clean design and performance. Experience in Scala or any functional programming language or C++ is a plus
- Solid experience in developing quantitative financial models for simulation, pricing and risk
- Good understanding of trading, market microstructure. Experience in crypto currencies and crypto trading is a plus
- Good experience with risk models, historical simulation and statistical model calibration
- Previous experience in a quant developer role in financial institutions, preferably in quantitative trading, pricing or quantitative risk management
- Result-oriented, delivery focused with excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent team player
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.