CoinList is where the world’s best crypto projects build their communities and early adopters can invest in and trade top-tier digital assets. Our mission is to accelerate the advancement of blockchain technology, by finding the best emerging blockchain projects and helping them succeed. CoinList has become the global leader in new token issuance, helping blue chip projects like Solana, Filecoin, Celo, Dapper Labs, and others raise over $800 million and connect them with hundreds of thousands of new token holders. And we now support the full lifecycle of crypto investment, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. CoinList users trade and store Bitcoin, Ether, and many other popular crypto assets through CoinList.co, CoinList Pro (our full-service exchange), and mobile apps, while also getting exclusive access to the best new tokens before they list on other exchanges.
Unlike other centralized crypto finance platforms, we’re not here to just build a bank or a brokerage. We’re building the platform for people who are passionate about moving crypto forward, and we’re just getting started. Come join us and propel the future of crypto!
As a Protocol Engineer at CoinList you will work closely with the up and coming token project teams to get a deep understanding of how each project works, and integrate them with CoinList’s infrastructure to support the various on-chain activities for the network. You’ll be at the frontline working with our most important clients and our internal execution teams to help CoinList be the first platform to support the latest developments in the blockchain space. You will also work with the protocol business team to define new lines of product we should build to provide valuable services to our customers. Our work is difficult and ambitious, which is what makes it fun!
Who you are:
- You love to code. You build stuff for fun on nights and weekends. You contribute to open source. You write clean high quality code with few bugs.
- You’re excited about cryptocurrency and understand how it works. You’ve played with smart contracts or tried various things on different networks. We’re on the forefront of the industry as we explore new token distribution models, make crypto products accessible, and more. You want to build out the industry’s core infrastructure.
- You’re curious. You want to understand how things work and like to question things, and can synthesize the ideas concisely. You aren’t intimidated by complex problems and enjoy solving them. There will be resources to support you, but you dictate your growth.
- You ship. You make deadlines for yourself and you move fast. You focus on the things that matter and push back on things that don’t. People know they can count on you to get things done.
- You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial. You’ll have (often ambiguous) responsibilities ranging from engineering, product, to operations. While CoinList has an autonomous and flat culture where anyone can propose new initiatives, it is also a low ego environment where you shouldn’t be opposed to getting your hands dirty.
- You care about the product. You might not be a product expert, but you value good design. You enjoy thinking about why certain products work and discussing new apps. You want to build delightful products that users love and that make people’s lives more meaningful.
- You have good values. You enjoy hanging out with your teammates, make the workplace more fun for everyone, and care about doing the right thing.
What you will do:
- Work with blockchain project teams directly to get a deep understanding of how the blockchain works and build products to integrate them into CoinList’s systems.
- Research and write code to support custody, staking, and governance of new blockchain networks on the CoinList platform.
- Monitor updates and breaking changes on existing blockchain networks we support, and make changes accordingly to ensure continuous support on the blockchain networks.
- Build products that can further enable our users to participate in activities on various blockchain networks.
- Interact and collaborate with other CoinList team members including business operations, trading, and customer support to identify pain points, and implement improvements to streamline the processes of supporting various blockchain networks.
- Pioneer new CoinList initiatives across protocols. Identify new business opportunities and design new initiatives, work with others to spec them out, and then bring them to life.
As an early employee at CoinList, you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life. At CoinList, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity, value our differences, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.