Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers. We’re on a mission to create the most innovative cryptocurrencies exchange. This is a unique opportunity, a rare window of time at the tipping point of the financial evolution. Much like the early days of the internet, blockchain technology faces complex new challenges and having the best team plays a pivotal role in success.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far our company has grown fast and stayed lean to secure its place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have confidence you can conquer the most challenging feats we’ll encounter, we want to talk to you. Join us, and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future
We are currently looking for:
Project Manager (Remote)
As a Project Manager in the Product team, you will work with fellow project, program and product managers and with members of the engineering and design teams to execute our business and product strategies across the various Bitfinex products and services.
As a Project Manager at Bitfinex you will take ultimate responsibility for one key project. Of all product team members you are closest to the actual planning and implementation of individual projects, so expect to get your hands dirty. You will manage release cycles, running release sprints and retros; collaborate with the development, marketing, etc teams to break work down, taking large-scale projects and turning them into manageable tasks; track & report on progress to Program and Product Managers, and other stakeholders, to ensure business needs are being met; and generally do whatever it takes to ensure that things stay on track, figuring out alternatives if they don’t. In a nutshell, you own the project deliverables and support your team to deliver the highest standards of quality in a timely manner.
Project Managers have the opportunity to progress into: senior project management positions where they work on the most important projects in the company; program management roles that oversee multiple projects and a team of project managers; or product management roles focusing on our customers, our competitors, and business strategy.
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure the project team is clear on objectives. Act as the voice of the product team and key stakeholders in their absence.
- Ensure that the project targets are met within the project timeline and costs, and monitor and control all stages of the project life cycle. Suggest reasonable solutions and plans for the problems in the process of the project.
- Coordinate the progress and quality of each stage of the project to ensure the smooth progress of the project and delivery on time.
- Where necessary, lead communications with external partners supporting the project.
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution.
- Monitor and manage scope.
- Manage all documentation, project tracking, and reporting within the product team and cross-functionally where necessary.
- Streamline new token listings facilitating cross-department communication.
- Minimum 2 years in a project management role working on software development or financial services.
- Some crypto knowledge for Tokens Listings
- Excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to develop these habits in the teams you join.
- Self-starter attitude, strong problem solving skills and sense of responsibility.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, and the ability to produce concise reports ongoing to management covering progress of projects, with an aim to improving decision-making on business strategy and product development.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies and best practices, and experience implementing fast-moving, large teams.