CoinList is where early adopters invest in and trade the best digital assets, and is now one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms. We support the full lifecycle of crypto investment, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. CoinList users trade and store Bitcoin, Ether, Filecoin, and many other popular crypto assets through our full-service exchange, CoinList Pro, mobile apps and CoinList.co, while also getting access to the best new tokens before they list on other exchanges. We are the blue chip platform for blockchain companies, helping Filecoin, Blockstack, Solana, Celo, Algorand, Dapper, and others raise over $800 million. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds, bitcoin OGs, as well as a broad array of crypto enthusiasts. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF and NY, and are just getting started.
As a Product Designer at CoinList, you’ll design and help launch products in markets that have never before existed, as you work to bring deeply technical crypto projects to mainstream consumers around the world. You’ll define the user experience for systems that help digital assets companies manage their token sales, and investors manage their purchases and investments.
What you will do:
- You’ll work as part of a cross-functional team — where design, product, engineering, accounts, legal, and sales come together to iterate on existing products and invent new ones.
- You’ll talk with users — identifying their core problems, empathizing with their needs, and translating these into perfectly designed solutions.
- You’ll take ownership of projects and manage multiple priorities against deadlines. If you see something that needs attention, you’ll take the initiative to make sure it gets addressed, regardless of whether it formally falls on your plate.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with engineering, product, operations, and executives to develop a suite of products across CoinList. From pricing, to messaging, to in-product experiences, you’ll ensure that all of our offerings fit together seamlessly.
- You’ll drive a culture that deeply values design, quality, and craftsmanship. You will help your teammates understand that everything we do — from using appropriate design practices, to creating a beautifully designed workspace, to having delightful 404 pages — speaks to our brand and affects how users view us.
- You’ll be an end-to-end designer. You will fill whiteboards with ideas and wall upon wall with Post-its, thinking deeply about interactions, user flows, and how the product will organically grow. You will never be handed wireframes by a product manager and told to make them look pretty.
- You’ll prototype early and often. From paper prototypes, to animations, to basic coding in HTML and CSS, you will dive in and build. Prior knowledge is not important – just a comfort with technology and a willingness to learn new things.
- You’ll invent. From designing new forms of sharing to building for new hardware types, you will work on problems that no one has solved and interactions that have never before been possible. You will create the blueprint. Through this, you will bring entirely new experiences to the world.
Who you are:
- You have a strong portfolio. Ideally, your portfolio demonstrates an ability to do sophisticated application and product design.
- You ship. You have a track record of launching successful projects. You appreciate the value of shipping and do what it takes to get your designs launched.
- You have experience designing products at scale. You know what it takes to understand your users, to segment them, to identify their needs, and to respond to those needs with scalable solutions.
- You can work outside of a traditional design role. You’re definitely a designer first, but you’re comfortable with taking on tasks like project management and some coding to get projects over the line. Entrepreneurial or small startup experience is a strong signal.
- You demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills. You can present and defend your design ideas and influence your non-design teammates.
- You have a growth mindset. The crypto world is constantly changing and requires at least some understanding of the relevant technical, legal, and stakeholder issues. You’re willing to be challenged, to fail and to learn. While having some crypto expertise is a plus, being a quick learner is more important.
- You bring people together to execute. Any project is an amalgamation of efforts. Designers are uniquely positioned to craft visions that bring teams into alignment. You understand this power and you use it wisely.
As an early employee at CoinList you will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence over the direction of the company. We will compensate you well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is the single best work experience of your life. If you are a hands-on executor who wants to dig into complicated problems and solve them with a team of engineers, PMs, and others, we’d love to hear from you! #LI-Remote