ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin and more. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
At ChainSafe, as well as spearheading a number of ecosystem projects and providing research & development services, we also have an in-house product department. Our core products are currently in development, and include:
- Gaming SDK
- ChainSafe Storage
- ChainSafe Files
As Product BD Lead, you will report directly to our Head of Business Development while working closely with the teams building all of our products to support the launch and growth of these products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic relationships (note: this is not a sales role):
- Identify strategic relationships and collaboration & partnership opportunities for each of our products, and pursue these partnerships.
- Identify key strategic (”flagship”) enterprise customers for our products, and pursue these leads.
- Market analysis and go-to-market:
- Support and work closely with our Head of Business Development and Head of Product to identify business cases for our products.
- Identify and evaluate new markets we can expand into, either with our existing products or with new product offerings, and jointly evaluate those opportunities with the product team.
- Generate data-driven recommendations for these business cases, including sizing up product opportunities, assessing barriers to entry, risks, potential ROI, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Leads to gather actionable data on each product’s target market, user needs, competitive landscape, stakeholder analysis, etc.
- Apply these data to help find product-market fit and drive go-to-market strategy for each of our products.
- Product business strategy:
- Work with our Corporate Development department to contribute to financing/fundraising strategies where applicable.
- Contribute to strategic discussions around how we can structure our consulting engagements to create synergies with our product offering.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience (and/or degree) in a relevant field, such as business administration, product management, or business analysis.
- 4+ years’ work experience in a relevant role (such as business analysis or product management), preferably at blockchain or software companies.
- Solid understanding of the blockchain ecosystem and key players in it.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Bonus points: Experience with open source products.
- Bonus points: Demonstrable knowledge of technical aspects of various blockchain projects.
- Bonus points: Experience or domain-specific knowledge in industries relevant to our products (gaming, decentralized cloud storage, blockchain interoperability).
- Collaborative – This role will require you to work closely with team members across a number of different teams. As such, you must be highly collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work closely with others.
- Industry Expertise – In order to effectively gather data and formulate business strategies, you’ll need to understand the company’s products inside and out, and must have sufficient technical knowledge to be able to identify the right business cases for each product.
- Product Knowledge – As you’ll be working closely with our product teams, you should have an in-depth understanding of the product development cycle, especially through the lens of business cases and go-to-market strategy.
- Organised – This role requires you to keep track of the many moving parts and evolving roadmaps that make up our products. As such, you’ll need to be a highly organised individual, with the ability to keep track of multiple products at the same time.
- Data-driven – We want our product decisions to be informed by data. This means you’ll need to have a solid understanding of the kind of data we need to collect, and how to synthesise and analyse these data to output actionable, data-driven decisions.
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all the requirements. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Why join us
Founded by Developers for Developers, we foster an Agile environment where tasks are assigned based not just on what you know but what you want to learn. We offer fast opportunities for personal growth, mentorship, professional development funding, tons of autonomy and responsibility, a results-driven environment, close collaboration with an international team, exposure to a wide array of ecosystems and trailblazing technologies, and flexible work hours.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are – and why we do what we do. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices. We encourage women, LGBTQIA+ people, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
Salary will be determined through the interview process after a review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, equity, and location, as well as alignment with market data