Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative principal applied scientist to join us in building the Internet of Value experience for our customers and their users. This is a high-impact role on a team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. From forecasting supply and demand, to optimizing routing across traditional and digital assets and venues, to enabling price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets and tokens, this role will be critical in developing the liquidity engine that powers the Internet of Value. Ideal candidates will have a track record of scientific leadership and technical strength. Successful candidates must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges. You will define and drive end-to-end machine learning solutions that solve real customer problems while helping grow and build the team that delivers them.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and build automated ML-based systems for forecasting, optimizing and managing access to global liquidity so our customers can send value instantly, easily, efficiently and cost-effectively to all corners of the world
- Lead the scientific vision and ML strategy for how we delivering scalable, auditable, and maintainable production machine learning services at Ripple
- Be a foundational member of our applied science pillar with a huge opportunity to shape its future
- Work with teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance and business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in computer science, statistics, physics, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of hands-on experience delivering production machine learning solutions to complex business problems
- 5+ years experience with Python and/or Java
- Broad machine learning experience including statistical modeling, time series analysis/forecasting and experimentation, bonus if in finance and trading domains, especially FX
- Experience with cloud-based data processing and machine learning services and tools
- Experience recruiting and mentoring a world-class team of applied scientists
- You are excited about blockchains; the technical details and the potential benefits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with non-technical senior leaders
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- An entrepreneurial problem solver with a bias for action
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.