What you’ll be doing
- Candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits a strong passion for financial innovation, who enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively to solve complex problems and is excited about Binance.US mission
- General corporate management and working knowledge of the legal system
- Payments industry expertise and experience in consumer-facing industry are pluses
- Self-starter and a team player
- Around 5 years of in-house, government agency, or private practice law firm, with exposure to financial services, cryptocurrencies, or general corporate practices
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in emerging payments technology and the financial services industry
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate change and ambiguity
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and ability to work both in teams and independently
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities, and willingness to use innovative solutions to scale your legal advice
- You proactively support attorneys and other departments on legal matters; you draft, process, and/or review legal and other documents and maintain your legal framework knowledge
- You ensure compliance by reviewing and contributing to business materials; you demonstrate accountability for achieving project goals, and support attorneys in developing solutions that enable clients to achieve business objectives
- You build a knowledge of businesses, make recommendations and provide support to the various lines of business; you act as the primary legal contact certain business teams and participate in meetings with attorneys, business leaders, and outside counsel; you prepare presentations; and you communicate, counsel, and provide status updates to clients on issues under the direction of senior counsel
- You self-manage and prioritize your work tasks and projects and maintain company tools, resources, databases, and processes in order to improve efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 + years of relevant experience as a litigation paralegal, either at a leading national firm, or comparable in-house practice, ideally with exposure to high growth companies.
- Experience sending and/or receiving a high volume of civil subpoenas, summons, levies, liens, garnishments, and other third-party requests on a daily basis
- Exceptional professional judgment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within tight timelines while juggling multiple projects.