ChainSafe Systems is currently seeking a full-time Paralegal to join our Operations Team in Toronto. Our company is growing fast, and with both a clear vision and strong values, we are the industry leaders in designing and developing scalable solutions for the decentralized web.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a nascent space that is growing quickly and building a stellar global reputation. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
Working with the Legal Counsel, the Paralegal will be a crucial team member of the legal team, assisting with corporate, immigration and employment law matters. The Paralegal will work with the Legal Counsel to manage ChainSafe’s day-to-day and strategic legal needs.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with internal teams and external counsel on cross-functional initiatives related to ChainSafe’s business operations globally
- Assist with creating and maintaining legal templates, policies, and knowledge sharing resources
- Review, file and manage legal documents
- Prepare and draft changes to standard contracts, including service agreements and NDAs
- Provide training to promote awareness and engagement on relevant legal issues, policies, tools, and processes
- Coordinate with external counsel on assisting with immigration matters relating to employee relocation
- Correspond with external counsel on legal matters internationally
- Prepare and send legal/regulatory documents for use in international jurisdictions
- Professional experience in a law firm or in-house environment (2 or more years is preferred)
- Completion of a post-secondary paralegal. Paralegal diploma preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to constantly learn
- Ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to work efficiently, understand timelines, and operate with limited supervision
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.