As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Overview of Role
As Office Manager, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a pleasant and effective work environment at the Kraken Dublin Office, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness. You will be an integral part of a team that drives Kraken’s growth in Ireland and Europe as a preeminent crypto asset exchange and services provider, including supporting the day-to-day operations of regulated businesses supervised by the Central Bank of Ireland. An ideal candidate should have experience working in fast-paced fintech or exchange trading office environments, with strong attention to detail, commitment to excellence, and understanding of how to facilitate a security-focused office culture.
- Serve as Executive Assistant to Kraken senior leaders in Ireland, including organising meetings, appointments, and coordinating travel arrangements as needed.
- Ensure the excellent working condition of the Dublin Office, including coordination of routine maintenance, mail receipt, office supplies and equipment, staff health and safety programs, and other matters enabling smooth day-to-day operations.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, security services, and others.
- Manage access lists controlling the availability of the office to staff and non-employee visitors, as well as provide general support to visitors as needed.
- Liaise with office managers and administrative assistants of other Kraken offices globally as needed.
- Manage office G&A budget, and supervise the work of administrative staff.
- Maintain databases and reference resources pertaining to office operations and staff.
- Plan on- and/or off-site activities, including social events, workshops, and executive stakeholder meetings.
- Partner with the HR Department (Kraken Experience) to maintain and promulgate office policies, monitor and manage local visa processing requirements, and to assist in the onboarding process for new hires locally and regionally.
- Partner with the Finance Department to perform tasks related to the day-to-day financial operations of the office.
- Proven experience as an office manager, office administrator, or administrative assistant.
- Knowledge of office administrative responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint), G-Suite, and email scheduling tools.
- Experience working with office machines, (e.g., printers, etc.) and IT personnel for office-related maintenance.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest and implement office improvements.
Preferred & Bonus Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent).
- Experience working in a predominantly- or all-remote global workforce environment.
- Print and media layout or design experience.
- Office administration or secretarial certifications or diplomas.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.