Ripple is a mission driven company dedicated to transforming finance and other global industries by unlocking the potential of blockchain and crypto technology. As the world transitions to a low-carbon economy and works together to remove 50B tonnes of carbon from the earth’s atmosphere by 2050, we believe blockchain and digital assets will play a catalytic role in helping global carbon markets to modernize and scale to accommodate surging demand and supply for carbon products. The stakes could not be higher.
Already a leader in sustainable blockchain and crypto technology, Ripple is growing its team and increasing its commitment to leveraging blockchain and crypto to help address climate change. We are looking for a dynamic, growth oriented leader to join the Integrated Marketing Team as the Carbon Markets Marketing Lead, collaborating closely with people across Integrated Marketing, RippleX, Ripple Impact and other Ripple teams to get the job done. You will work with climate focused fintechs, crypto exchanges and market makers, and leading climate NGOs. This role is based in San Francisco or New York.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dynamic marketer who can lead marketing for the initiative leveraging a combination of product marketing and integrated marketing skills. A deep understanding of and passion for climate change and familiarity with how carbon credits and carbon markets work will help you excel in this new role. You are a person who is energized collaborating with a talented global, cross functional team. You have the foresight and creativity to think through how companies, developers, nations, NGOs, investors, and consumers will adopt and embrace innovations in carbon markets, including leveraging blockchain and crypto to enable game-changing solutions. You are undaunted by the scope and complexity of the opportunity. And you are passionate about solving global challenges like climate change. Come join us if this excites you, and you know how to get it done.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help set the direction, strategy and priorities for RippleX’s Carbon Markets initiatives, influencing product strategy and driving marketing strategy.
- Assess the current and potential market with the product and business development teams, looking for unique opportunities, and ways of engaging and differentiating Ripple and XRPL’s role in the market
- Be a voice of the customer and work with product, business development, engineering teams and others to help drive use cases, solutions and product market fit.
- Work w/ BD to establish a “playbook” for the types of deals and partnerships we want to prioritize as part of our overall business and go-to-market strategies.
- Own our strategic direction from marketing, including go-to-market (GTM) strategy, customer segmentation, value proposition and messaging and storytelling.
- Help articulate a unique point of view and narrative on the intersection of carbon markets and blockchain, highlighting blockchain and XRPL’s unique attributes
- Drive broad awareness and understanding of the chosen narrative and positioning, helping to achieve business outcomes as we engage in product, marketing, and business development conversations with various players.
- Lead the integrated marketing for our offering, working with a cross functional marketing, design, and communications team to craft a winning strategy and compelling tactics.
- Work across communications, events and other complementary functions to create a calendar of relevant global events and help drive Ripple’s participation in them.
- Collaborate w/ Ripple’s government relations and influencer marketing teams to help drive widespread understanding and adoption of blockchain as a vital tool in modernizing and scaling carbon markets and their impact on global climate goals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are passionate about carbon markets, solving the climate crisis, crypto, and the move to a decentralized world.
- You have a working understanding of and meaningful experience with climate-related issues, carbon markets and/or related fields, such as renewable energy
- You are a quick learner, capable of absorbing large amounts of complex information and adept at sorting out what’s important and what’s noise
- You are comfortable with big ideas (“moonshots”) and have experience explaining them to broad and diverse audiences
- You have 10-12 years of marketing experience, including some of that time focused on marketing related to the carbon/climate space.
- You are a well-rounded marketer, with skills related to both product marketing and integrated marketing (marketing execution)
- You combine strategic acumen with marketing creativity to achieve big things
- You like to own a full marketing program and drive to powerful, measurable results
- You work and play well with colleagues and partners because you have a high EQ, are self aware, and understand it’s just more fun that way.
- You are driven to succeed, detail-oriented, highly accountable, and know how to lead.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.