As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all. Our solutions help to prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. Our products are used by some of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
Elliptic is backed by some of the top VCs: SoftBank, Evolution Equity Partners, SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group, and we have grown globally with teams in the UK, USA, Singapore and Tokyo.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget – personal growth is important to us all.
Do you want to be part of the future of finance? Are you excited about solving complex problems that have never been solved before? Do you love enabling teams to deliver more efficiently and scalably?
The impact you will have:
Sitting within our Data team, you will lead a team of Software Engineers to help build our best-in-class dataset that is collected across the open and dark web. You will do this by working alongside our Data Scientists and Crypto Intelligence Analysts to understand how to bring the most value to the company. With millions of transactions generated every day, there are endless questions to answer and problems to solve and you will play a key role in helping us solve these problems. Your contributions will have a direct impact in all our products and will help shape the future of Elliptic and of the entire crypto ecosystem.
What you will do:
- Immerse yourself in blockchain – how it works and the various services that use them
- Be a hands-on technical leader by helping design scrapers, browser automation tools, blockchain payment systems, data collection workflows, interaction with APIs using best engineering practices
- Work collaboratively within the Data Team and outside of it (DevOps, Platform) to ensure that our systems work as expected and can be monitored effectively
- Research, prototype, and recommend new technologies and frameworks
- Coach and mentor a team of skilled Software Engineers
- Help the team grow as a hiring manager
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Love building deep domain knowledge, understanding the problems therein, and generating innovative ideas to solve them.
- Love leading the work of a group of technical colleagues in delivering solutions.
- Are keen to learn new technologies and challenge existing tools, methodologies, processes.
- Take pleasure from clean code and see writing tests as core to software engineering.
- Are not afraid to fail, experiment often and learn quickly.
- Are naturally curious, love learning new things, and are proactive in sharing knowledge with others.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience in leading a technical team or project
- Strong experience working in a data-focused software role.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building scalable software with Python
- Proficiency in web scraping and networking, building REST APIs and managing databases
- Solid experience with Cloud Computing (AWS) and DevOps tools (Terraform, Kubernetes, CI/CD)
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge or experience within the cryptocurrency / blockchain sector
- Knowledge or experience of web development (ideally Node.js/Typescript/SPAs)
- Experience working within a fast paced data or research-led environment
- Share Options
- Holiday – 25 days + public holidays + additional day for your birthday
- Private Health Insurance – we use Vitality!
- Work Pension Scheme
- Quarterly full-day off-sites & annual company 3-day offsite
- $1000 Personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- £500 Home office allowance
- Enhanced parental leave; we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and job-protected leave
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Our offices provide all of the amenities you could need
- Work with top of the range equipment – MacBook Pro and any other equipment you need
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work.