Who We Are:
Our mission is to provide certainty to the world’s information. Founded in 2019, Horizen Labs is a crypto-first developer that builds blockchain products and tools at the heart of the decentralization revolution. We are world leaders in zero knowledge cryptography and key web 3.0 tools that enable programmable blockchains that are secure, scalable and privacy preserving.
Our company is creating a culture of empowered individuals, who aren’t afraid to bring their ideas to life. We are looking for creative individuals to join our team of the best and brightest minds in the blockchain space. You will experience the exhilaration of joining a fast growing and innovation focused company with support from some of the industry’s top thought leaders, including Digital Currency Group, Kenetic Capital, Sound Ventures, and Liberty City Ventures.
We believe diversity drives the innovation and engagement necessary to build a truly remarkable product. We operate on a hybrid model with a distributed global workforce who works in partnership with our satellite offices in New York City, NY, Milan, Italy, and the latest opening now in Odessa, Ukraine. This allows us the flexibility to go to where the talent is. Are you ready to help us change the future with the next cutting edge blockchain technology? Join us!
Horizen Labs is looking for an Investment Associate to join our Strategic Investments team, where you will have the opportunity to join an early-stage start-up. In your role, you will be responsible for conducting industry research, screening, portfolio analysis, monitoring investments, and preparing investment recommendations.
What You’ll Own:
- Help build and manage our investment strategies with the Head of Strategic Investments on a collaborative, cross-functional investment team
- You’ll help develop and run the portfolio, from idea generation to investment research to valuation, and propose investment recommendations to the Head of Strategic Investments
- Research the cryptocurrency industry, identifying critical shifts and evolving trends in the ecosystem, and their implications for Horizen Labs
- Drive investment decisions, manage deal pipeline, and portfolio company relationshipsPromote and advocate early-stage cryptocurrency companies for and deals to investors
- Support investment and portfolio processes and operations
- Coordinate deep, primary research on blockchain technologies/protocols and cryptocurrencies involving protocol breakdowns, calls with leading technologists/startups in the blockchain/crypto space, and more
- Build valuation models for prospective investments with illustrative value creation and risk/return analytics
- Propose portfolio recommendations rooted in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research
- Monitor daily events, news flow, competitive dynamics, risk metrics across the blockchain/crypto space
- Work seamlessly with our Investment Analysts and internship program
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience building or working within the investment industry; crypto experience is a plus
- Passion and deep understanding of emerging trends within the cryptocurrency industry
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, and creativity
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with fluid information
- Comfortable using technology, including Google Workspace, Excel, and Powerpoint and adapting to new data sources
- Exceptional and concise verbal and written communication skills; ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- A passion or growing interest in developing blockchain applications and decentralized technologies
- Demonstrated track record of investment idea generation, creative research, and rigorous analysis
- Proficiency with financial modeling and other valuation methodologies
- Ability to convey complex blockchain/crypto topics and think critically about long term value creation
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline
- Masters degree or CFA/CAIA is a plus
Horizen Labs is an equal opportunity employer
Horizen Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.