BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for an Infrastructure Security Engineer focusing on building, maintaining, and securing our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified engineers will have a background in security, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering.
- Participate in security reviews and threat modeling, including security code review, architectural design, and dynamic testing
- Implementing changes to production infrastructure with the goal to increase stability and security
- Own and perform vulnerability and patch management
- Be a member of the operations response team (on-call)
- Support security operations including monitoring and alerting
- Support internal and external pen-testing engagements
- Participate in broader security initiatives that span the entire organization
Required Skills & Experience:
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- Strong security background
- Strong experience with Linux administration
- Fluency with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, ELK, Prometheus
- Fluency with Bash, Python or GoLang
- Experience working with vulnerability scanning and container security tools
- Experience working with microservice-based systems
- Experience with scaling and performance of large systems
- Experience being a member of an on-call rotation
- Interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency space
- Knowledge of immutable infrastructure design
- Experience working with security teams such as SOC, red/blue team, threat & vulnerability management, etc.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.