ChainSafe Systems is currently seeking a Head of Marketing to establish and lead a new marketing department from the ground up. As our first Marketing hire, you’ll have the opportunity to have a tremendous impact, but it is important that you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be working very closely with the leadership team to understand our marketing needs across the organization and drive initiatives to address them. You will build the marketing team, both from processes and hiring perspective, while contributing to critical marketing efforts to help push ChainSafe forward.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a nascent space that is growing quickly and building a stellar global reputation. “Beyond offering experience across major blockchain ecosystems to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.”
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. We are building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems and you will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling challenges in a fast-moving environment with a tight-knit team.
It is a very exciting time as Web3 and blockchain technology is continuously pushing the boundaries of what is possible and new opportunities arise on a daily basis. It is a great time to join and this position is both fun and extremely rewarding!
- Build a thriving marketing department at ChainSafe from the ground up, including establishing the department’s strategy, structure & best practices
- Direct the competitive positioning and go-to-market strategies for our innovative Web3 products to drive demand and lead generation in order to grow from thousands to millions of users
- Work closely with our product teams to find Product-Market-Fit by helping to shape value proposition, analysis market segments and differentiation strategies
- Work hands-on for key organizational marketing projects, including product marketing and digital marketing initiatives
- Recruit, scale, coach and mentor the marketing team as needed to help meet ChainSafe’s marketing needs
- Continuously look for ways to improve our marketing practices
- Communicate effectively with leadership and the organization to influence outcomes
- Develop and manage marketing budgets & costs
- Develop branding plans & campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree or time-equivalent working experience.
- 5-7 years+ years working at a startup with a role focused on marketing
- 3+ years of hiring & managing other marketing professionals
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of product marketing and online marketing
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- 10-15+ years of experience in senior marketing and leadership roles
- Experience with and passion for Web3
- Experience doing marketing for a SaaS product, scaling it from ground up
- Experience building and leading a marketing team at a startup
- Professional experience in development, product management, sales engineering or another technical role
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t fit all the requirements. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process at Chainsafe to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-45 minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute Cultural Interview with one of our Project Managers
- Then, Candidates will be asked to complete a technical task that takes under 4 hours, but we provide up to 5 business days to complete
- Last, candidates will be invited to schedule a 60-minute interview with the Team Lead/Hiring Manager
Why join us
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development; a commitment to community and collaboration; a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy; and above fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you are ready to join us, assemble your highlights (Portfolio, LinkedIn) and show us your best work. Get ready to have incredible conversations about your work. For our team’s project highlights, explore our Discord, GitHub, and website.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
At ChainSafe, diversity and inclusion is more than a statement; equality and accessibility are guiding principles embedded in who we are – and why we do what we do. Our leadership is committed to continuously improving their own level of education to make the fairest and most inclusive hiring and performance decisions from an informed perspective. We recognize the benefits of a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture, values, and day-to-day practices.
Grade levels and salary ranges are determined through the interview process and a review of experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, equity, and location with other team members, as well as alignment with market data.