BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $64B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo secures approximately 20% of all on-chain Bitcoin transactions by value and supports more than 400 digital assets within its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
We are looking for a highly qualified Head of Legal (BitGo Trust) to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will be responsible to manage and supervise a team of legal professionals, and to assure the Trust Company and its affiliates are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and provide legal advice to management on all relevant matters. Per the job location, this role is open to qualified candidates in both the New York, Sioux Falls and San Francisco Bay areas.
- Provide legal counsel and support on a broad range of legal matters involving federal and state laws that apply to a national trust bank exercising fiduciary responsibility, including banking regulation and related matters.
- Provide counsel and support on matters relating to the ongoing activities of a national trust bank that could present operational risks affecting the safety and soundness of fiduciary activities.
- Provide drafting support and legal advice on contract negotiations and transactional activity.
- Advise on consumer protection and customer complaint resolution.
- Provide relevant advice on a variety of legal matters relating to Trust Company matters and affiliates and digital assets generally.
- Provide expertise with respect to legislation, and litigation matters.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by assisting in the design of company policies and procedures.
- Communicating with and managing third party relationships, including external counsel and auditors.
- Staying current with changes to legislation and rules and regulations that directly affect the banking and digital asset industries.
- Sound knowledge of banking laws and regulations.
- Interest in cryptocurrency and fintech innovation
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the organization.
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous role.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- 100% company paid individual and family medical, dental, and vision plans
- Exciting startup atmosphere in great downtown office space in Palo Alto (California Ave)
- Competitive compensation, stock options, and 401k plan with company matching
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee
- Commuting made easy with company-paid Caltrain passes
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Flexible vacation and paid holidays
- Great colleagues
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.