Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralized technology.
We steward Polkadot and Kusama, next-generation sharded multichain networks. Our flagship product, Substrate, is an open-source, modular, and extensible blockchain-building framework that allows rapid innovation and fast deployment of custom-built blockchains. Substrate provides the core building blocks of blockchains built for deployment to Polkadot and Kusama.
About The Role
Our ecosystem growth team is a key contributor to the success of our ecosystem development team, whose core focus is to make Polkadot and Substrate the most significant cutting-edge applications and infrastructure ecosystem for decentralized Web 3.0 software protocols. Ecosystem Growth aims to accelerate the adoption of these technologies by conducting deep research, gathering product feedback, and identifying, engaging, and nurturing key relationships.
As we expand our growth efforts, we are looking for a talented and driven Head of DeFi with the right mix of entrepreneurial instinct, technical understanding, strategic thinking, and sales acumen. Working with the ecosystem growth lead, you will play a critical role at Parity by leading the vision and strategy of DeFi growth.
Your day-to-day will include conducting research, prioritizing opportunities, pursuing crypto-native and enterprise deals, creating compelling marketing materials, and building relationships with key organizations. You’ll be a thought leader in DeFi, and an expert in all that Parity technologies have to offer to startups and enterprises.
As part of our Ecosystem Growth team, you will:
- Lead the vision and strategy for the ecosystem growth of DeFi at Parity, based on your deep understanding of DeFi and innovations happening in Web3. Your deliverables will include a pipeline of proactive prospects, inbound leads, defining and monitoring KPIs, strategy documents on DeFi growth of Polkadot, marketing materials, and pitch decks.
- Perform ongoing research and competitive analysis on the DeFi market. After synthesizing your findings, you will identify gaps, opportunities and define our market positioning.
- Communicate with prospective crypto-native and enterprise organizations to demonstrate how Parity’s tech can add value to their solution(s).
- Guide teams in making informed platform decisions by giving simple explanations of technical details and upcoming features.
- Help external teams navigate our ecosystem resources: technical solutions architecture, on-chain treasury, grants, marketing, events, governance, economic considerations, and funding opportunities.
- Work independently to lead cross-functional collaboration opportunities with our product, marcomms, compliance, legal, and marketing teams.
- Step into the limelight at conferences, events and appear in media such as podcasts and videos to convey the current state of the Polkadot DeFi ecosystem and our unique selling propositions.
- You are well-versed in the history of DeFi development over the last few years and know what’s happening, what is working, and what is not working.
- You have an expert understanding of the DeFi landscape across multiple ecosystems, including but not limited to Ethereum, Solana, Avalanche, BSC, Polkadot, Cosmos, and Polygon.
- You are an excellent communicator across both verbal and written channels in English and can explain technical concepts, solutions, and architectures.
- You enjoy working in a high-growth startup environment, are adaptable to changing business needs, and know how to loop in others for feedback.
- You are fantastic at project management: focused on outcomes, acting proactively, keeping to deadlines, working independently, solving problems, and coordinating with external and internal teams to deliver first-class experiences to organizations we are collaborating with.
- You have a strong network of entrepreneurs and investors in the DeFi space.
- BS / MS or equivalent experience in a technical field (math, statistics, engineering, computer science, analytics, or similar).
- Your social media profile shows some thought leadership in DeFi.
- Well connected and engaged in various DeFi/Crypto communities on Telegram, Wechat, Reddit, Discord, Clubhouse, Twitter, and other platforms where crypto users live.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the things that count: building the most cutting-edge technology for a better and fairer web of the future. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.
To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/.