Seeking someone who can help lead the credit efforts at Centrifuge. This is a credit position in nature and would suit someone with experience at a reputable global bank or leading credit fund. You may have managed a team in credit investing/structuring and have deep knowledge of the end-to-end process.
You will be responsible for setting the overall credit strategy and building the team necessary to execute on it. A thorough understanding of structured credit, asset-based finance, and credit analysis is what we are looking for. You can build out platforms for success, thinking holistically about the direction of the market and can design operations and strategy to fit that direction.
Ability to adapt to fintech workflow and processes is important. You will need to be excited about the space, understand the long-term vision and be ready to navigate uncharted territory. Some of the desired experience and skills below are highlighted below.
This list is not exhaustive, nor comprehensive. We are open to speaking with candidates that think they are suitable if they bring some skills outside of the list below.
- – Formulate the overall credit strategy
- – Develop a robust credit risk and structuring framework
- – Source the appropriate personnel to execute
- – Actively assess and price credit opportunities
- – Communicate strategy externally to partners
- – Assist in capital raising for credit investments
- This position should be filled by someone with traditional finance experience, specific to credit investing/structuring and ideally some experience in asset-backed securities
- Should have 5-10+ years’ experience
- Demonstrable track record of originating, analysing, evaluating and managing structured finance transactions
- Proven credit risk underwriting skills, with experience in illiquid credit markets
- Knowledge and experience of different credit rating methodologies
- Ability to build and lead necessary team
- Knowledge of the end-to-end credit investing process
- Must be able to connect all sides of a deal: Asset, Capital, and Services (legal, credit rating / risk, accounting)
- Knowledge of DeFi and the crypto ecosystem is desired, but not necessary
- Someone who is truly inquisitive, wants to build something from the ground up and isn’t scared of new challenges
- A solid desire to drop the corporate culture and join the startup world
- Must be interested in the intersection of finance and technology
- Ultimately, we want someone who will hit the ground running on day one and they should be excited to help lead and shape the credit landscape of the Web3 economy.
We are an early-stage blockchain project with the big mission to bring real-world finance and DeFi together. Our core app https://tinlake.centrifuge.io has over $45m TVL, with major features in the coming months to exponentially expand our growth.
Our team is a self-managed organization of 30 (and growing) that gives you plenty of space to experiment and fit into the roles that excite you the most. We value diversity, which is reflected in our team. Centrifuge is fully remote.
There is no preferred work location, but you will be working primarily with Berlin and NYC timezones. We host regular off-sites and offer office space in Berlin.
Compensation is blockchain competitive + based on your experience.