About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
Working from Galaxy’s New York office, the Fund Operations Associate will provide support to Galaxy’s trading and investment operations and has at least two years of experience in back/middle office at a financial institution, hedge fund or administrator.
- Provide full support to Galaxy Digital’s trading and investment operations
- Work in a fast-paced trading environment with daily interaction across multiple business units (Trading, Operations, Lending, Derivatives, Finance, Engineering)
- Manage all aspects of OTC derivative trade capture, reporting, and settlement
- Ensure operational processes are fully documented, tested and adequately supported
- Identify operational control gaps and suggest process improvements
- Respond to inquiries from counterparties, custodians and brokers
- Daily trade, position and cash reconciliations
- Facilitate frictionless settlements with over-the-counter counterparties
- 2 to 4 years back/middle office experience working directly with derivative products including futures and options
- Expertise in the trade life cycle of derivative products
- Middle/back office experience covering trade settlements, fail control, reconciliation of trade discrepancies, and client servicing
- Knowledge of accounting and reconciliation systems with a focus on derivatives
- An outgoing individual with a strong work ethic and a great attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and multitask
- Self-starter with a strong desire to make processes more efficient
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with good communication skills
- Experience with programming (ex. Python) and/or scripting strongly preferred
- An interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology
- Familiar with Cryptocurrency
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].