As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day, our products are essential to ensure cryptocurrency is safe and accessible to all. Our solutions help to prevent financial crime and allow cryptocurrencies to be used for good. Our products are used by some of the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies to screen over $1 billion of transactions every single week.
The company has offices in London, UK, New York City, Singapore and Tokyo. We are backed by Evolution Equity Partners, SoftBank, SBI Group, Albion VC, Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget – personal growth is important to us all.
Do you want to be part of the future of value transfer? Are you excited about solving problems that have never been solved before? Are you looking for a values-led company, which cares about the growth of its employees?
Elliptic is looking for a software engineer to join our product-engineering organisation who can help develop our application suite to better support new and existing blockchain analysis products.
We offer a number of products and services that sit on top of a common analytics platform. They cover features like customizable risk scoring algorithms through to fully interactive graph visualisations. The products we make have an impact on thousands of people around the world and enable the legitimate use of cryptocurrencies. Pretty cool, right?
This opportunity is for an experienced Software Engineer to join a growing engineering team within Elliptic. The team is responsible for the entirety of the Elliptic web platform, delivering value directly to our customers on a daily basis.
The impact you will have:
Our product engineering team takes all of the blockchain intelligence that our platform provides and turns it into valuable products that make our customers’ lives easier and protect them from financial crime.. You will join a growing team of experienced and passionate engineers that are not afraid to fail and enjoy tackling difficult problems head on. Openness is one of our core values at Elliptic and nowhere is this more evident than in our engineering teams where we strongly encourage engineers to challenge convention and find unique and innovative solutions to our customers’ problems. You will quickly be able to see your impact on the wider business as we value lean thinking and getting our ideas to market early and often.
What you will do:
- Write beautiful code and tests
- Think about how to solve hard problems and weigh up the pros and cons of different approaches against a variety of requirements
- Build infrastructure and take advantage of cutting-edge cloud technology to spend less time writing mundane code and more time thinking about our customers problems
- Enjoy discussing problems and solutions openly with stakeholders from across the business
- Take responsibility for the code that you write and see it through from PR to production
- Mentor and develop team members
- Support and troubleshoot your applications on production
- Contribute to iterations on our development processes and practices, bringing your own experiences and opinions to the table
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Take pleasure from writing clean code and see tests as core to software engineering
- Use data to make decisions about what to build and how to iterate
- Measure success using data rather than release milestones
- Are not afraid to fail, experiment often, and learn quickly
- Are keen to learn new technologies and challenge existing tools, methodologies, and processes
Our ideal candidate has:
- Good practical knowledge of data modelling – SQL and NoSQL
- An understanding of different non-functional requirements (e.g. scalability, reliability, performance) and how to write software with these requirements in mind
- Experience with Amazon services such as IAM, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and/or Lambda (or their Google Cloud/Azure equivalents)
- A passion for developing and mentoring engineers
- Been actively involved in working with Product Managers to set priorities
Bonus Points for:
- Experience managing infrastructure with Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Experience running applications in containerised environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Experience in line management
- An interest in cryptocurrency and/or blockchain technology
- Share Options
- Holiday – 25 days + public holidays + additional day for your birthday
- Private Health Insurance – we use Vitality!
- Work Pension Scheme
- Quarterly full-day off-sites & annual company 3-day offsite
- $1000 Personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- £500 Home office allowance
- Enhanced parental leave; we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and job-protected leave
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Our offices provide all of the amenities you could need
- Work with top of the range equipment – MacBook Pro and any other equipment you need
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work.