Crypto.com was founded in 2016, Crypto.com today serves over 10 million customers with the world’s fastest growing crypto app, along with the Crypto.com Visa Card — the world’s largest crypto card program — the Crypto.com Exchange and Crypto.com DeFi Wallet. Recently launched, Crypto.com NFT is the premier platform for collecting and trading NFTs, carefully curated from the worlds of art, design, entertainment and sports.
Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO/IEC 27701:2019, CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance, and independently assessed at Tier 4, the highest level for both NIST Cybersecurity and Privacy Frameworks.
With over 2,600 people in offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Crypto.com is accelerating the world’s transition to cryptocurrency. Find out more: https://crypto.com
About the role:
The Financial Crimes Monitoring Director – Americas will report to the Vice President and Head of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance for the Americas and be responsible for supporting Crypto.com’s regulated businesses in their regulatory compliance obligations, including the design, testing and management of the AML monitoring function (customers, transactions, products, etc.). You will also support the Compliance department in ensuring robust monitoring procedures, controls, processes and records are in place across Crypto.com’s regulated businesses in the US, Canada, the Cayman Islands, and Brazil, and that they remain in line with regulatory expectations. Candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits a strong passion for financial innovation, who enjoys working cross-functionally and collaboratively to solve complex problems and is excited about Crypto.com’s mission.
Reporting: The Financial Crimes Monitoring Director- Americas position reports to the Vice President and Head of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance for the Americas, who reports to the Crypto.com group’s global Chief Compliance Officer.
This role would be based in Miami, FL.
- Manage the Financial Crimes Compliance – Americas team, currently made up of +12 FTEs, and their assigned workload responsibilities;
- Liaise with the Global Operations Center in Sofia, Bulgaria, for all issues regarding monitoring systems, protocols and level 1 reviews performed;
- Challenge the current level of maturity of our operations with respect to customers, transactional activity, and product monitoring;
- Identify, highlight, and manage regulatory risks, findings and recommendations identified internally and by independent reviews or examinations;
- Work with management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet the regulatory requirements;
- Coordinate and prepare periodic reports accurately and in a timely manner;
- Continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to the regulatory framework governing the company and its activities;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities required to ensure all Crypto.com companies do so in accordance with local regulations.
- Robust AML/BSA experience (8+ years) in the financial services, banking, and/or payments space with emphasis on monitoring protocols (e.g., monitoring systems; rule setting, testing and tuning; alert processing, escalation and decisioning; SAR filing determination; complex investigations);
- Prior managerial experience (4+ years), including recruitment, onboarding, training, performance evaluations, and coaching;
- Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the function and the overall business;
- Self-managing individual. Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision. Bias for action;
- Strong organizational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with competing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritize workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent written communication – business and project reports;
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment and cross functionally with operations and technology functions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of digital assets, fintech, prepaid and lending products
- Exposure to blockchain analytics
- NYDFS Part 504 Standards
- Good people skills
- CAMS certification, or willingness to obtain
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)