ChainSafe Systems is currently seeking a full-time Finance Manager to join our Operations Team. Our company is growing fast, and with both a clear vision and strong values, we are the industry leaders in designing and developing scalable solutions for the decentralized web.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a nascent space that is growing quickly and building a stellar global reputation.”Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
Culture fit and alignment to our core values are extremely important to us. We are fueled by an immense intellectual curiosity of what technology can do and the impact it can have. You will thrive here if you are intensely driven by tackling technical challenges that no one else has solved yet and are inspired by the possibility of building the next generation of web infrastructure and decentralized systems.
- Lead Accounting Teams of all Subsidiaries to ensure accurate and timely bookkeeping, payroll and month-end processes, and reporting
- Lead the month-end process and ensure timely completion and accuracy
- Review and Approve month-end adjustments and schedules
- Review and Approve Bill Payments
- Review and Approve Payroll (semi-monthly)
- Prepare Month-end Consolidated statements, including but not limited to, Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, and provide accompanying notes
- Prepare quarterly Board Decks
- Develop annual Budget, conduct monthly variance analysis and provide the latest estimate
- Ensuring cash requirements and working capital is reviewed and supported through cash management
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are established and maintained across processes in all Subsidiaries
- Identify and implement appropriate accounting standards and policies that comply with IFRS and US GAAP
- Responsible for Tax and regulatory compliance, ensuring completion of mandatory business filings in Canada, USA, Croatia, Germany
- Connect with business leaders to understand the tax implications of activities for planning and risk-mitigation
- Engage counsels and professional firms to ensure appropriate transfer pricing models are applied
- Manage all external tax relationships with counsels and professional firms, including transfer pricing models
- Work closely with the payroll department to ensure appropriate taxation and remittance set-up of all employees
- CPA, CA designation (Tax & Assurance path)
- 10+ years of professional experience in Tax & Assurance for a Multinational Corporation or an International Accounting firm
- Experience with regulations in USA, Germany, & Croatia is preferred
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and lookups. Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and G Suite
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and lead an international Finance team
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities and translate them in terms of impact
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.