As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the role
As a member of Kraken Bank and the Kraken Global Finance Team, the Finance Associate will contribute to building and performing the accounting functions of Wyoming’s first Special Purpose Depository Institution (SPDI), based in Cheyenne. The Finance Associate will report to the Controller – Special Purpose Depository Institution. This is an exciting opportunity to develop the accounting processes for a financial institution at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry.
While we have a preference for candidates who are local to Wyoming, we are open to considering a fully remote position for the right person. Relocation assistance is available to those who are open to relocating to Wyoming.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger and prepare the Bank’s balance sheet, income statement, changes in equity position, and cash flow statements. Financial statements will be audited annually
- Execute month-end close processes, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliation of financial statement accounts
- Prepare and monitor reports for daily cash positions and ensure adequate liquidity position
- Monitor expenses and accounts receivable/payable, and the amortization/depreciation of prepayments, intangible assets and fixed assets
- Collaborate with parent company accounting, budgeting/forecasting, treasury and tax teams in the preparation of the Bank’s financial statements and the consolidation with parent company financials
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls and accounting processes and procedures
- Degree in Accounting with 2 – 5 years of relevant working experience
- Background in accounting for financial services, fintech, banking, or an exchange strongly preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, SUMIF
- Working experience with ERP systems
- Familiarity with SOX is a plus
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.