ChainSafe Systems is a blockchain R&D firm on a mission to realize the potential of Web3 infrastructure through sustainable, open-source development. Our vision is to create a world with organizations that empower people to build and innovate through blockchain agnostic tools and other distributed technologies.
We are global leaders in the industry, unique in our work across multiple blockchain ecosystems, and currently are pioneering technology and infrastructure related to Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin and more. We are actively pursuing the development of our own product suite, having recently released Files, which allows users to upload and store files on IPFS and Filecoin with the goal of furthering development to provide a decentralized alternative to cloud storage.
ChainSafe is a unique company in a unique space, growing quickly and building a global reputation in this nascent space. Beyond offering experience across every major blockchain space to our team, we provide an open, inclusive, and supportive environment where we help folks reach their full potential as a human and as a professional.
As an External Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for growing ChainSafe’s presence at industry events (including ChainSafe-hosted events). This will include event execution, managing sponsorships, being the point contact for event managers and venue managers, and acting as a strategic leader in developing the ChainSafe Employee Brand.
The ideal candidate will research upcoming Web3 events and then strategize and execute on ChainSafe’s involvement. This includes everything from conceptualizing ideas and themes for each event in-line with ChainSafe’s brand and event goals; managing event logistics including coordinating outside speaking opportunities; planning budgets; and finding, negotiating, and booking venues. Preferably, the candidate will have familiarity with the blockchain space and which events have credibility.
Challenges for You to Work On:
- Develop an external events strategy, research events and sponsorship opportunities that would be beneficial to ChainSafe branding and would promote the image of ChainSafe within the blockchain community
- In collaboration with the Marketing Lead and Talent Acquisition, create and develop the branding strategy through external events
- Develop and lead all aspects of event coordination and execution, manage event stakeholders and volunteers
- Plan and coordinate event presence at the highest level, be responsible for all the event sponsorship communications
- Organize meetups, side-events, etc to foster ChainSafe brand during blockchain weeks or represent ChainSafe brand in existing blockchain communities
- Along with the Marketing, Design, and Operations team coordinate orders of marketing materials, swag, and promotional supplies
- Search and manage event contractors, required rentals, and on-site personnel if required
- Coordinate conference sponsorship ticket distribution
- Create people engagement strategies on events according to company goals and employer branding strategy
- Cooperate with the Talent Acquisition team on implementation of recruitment strategies through external events
- Support the Talent Acquisition team with lead generation strategies for recruitment purposes
- Create a speaker/presenter pipeline within ChainSafe, make sure ChainSafe has as much speaker and mentor presence as possible outside of ChainSafe.
- Ensure that recruitment and outreach activities are consistent with Talent Acquisition strategic plans
- Work with the Communications team to make sure that ChainSafe presence on conferences, hackathons and ChainSafe events is publicly known and promoted
- In collaboration with the Employee Experience Coordinator, plan and coordinate company offsite retreats and strategy sessions
- Conduct post-event retros using analytics/data-driven approach while continuously seeking areas to improve on
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; minimum of 3-5 years of event/experiential planning in the tech sector and/or blockchains and Web3 industry
- A passion for events and pride in producing high-quality work
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, unmatched prioritization and follow through on new and ongoing projects and events
- Strict attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and strong negotiation skills
- Accountability, diligence, friendliness, openness, passion to learn, collaboration, and compassion
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine priorities, meet strict deadlines, and plan ahead by actively keeping the pipeline of events and platforms (virtual and onsite) to attend
- Portfolio of successful events experience and/or proven experience in planning conferences and in managing multiple engagements at the same time
- Willing and able to travel to various places, available on weeknights and weekends as needed
- Virtual event experience is a plus
- Passion for the Blockchain Community
Why Join Us:
At ChainSafe, we are a compassionate group of builders and makers, working to bring our ideas to life. You’ll be part of a team that believes in the vital importance of community and contributing to advance humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
We care deeply about our values and look for these in every team member: A dedication to self-improvement and professional development, a commitment to community and collaboration, a drive for accountability, diligence, and autonomy, and above all fostering a place of acceptance, friendliness, and compassion.
We welcome your fresh perspectives and ideas
ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We offer opportunities for personal and professional learning and growth, value autonomy and responsibility, and have a results-driven environment, flexible work hours and time-off policy, as well as competitive salary.