BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for an Engineering Manager who will join our team in the United States. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Lead and develop a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership
- Drive the development of Hardware Security Modules (HSM) and other security-oriented products supporting key creation and transaction signing
- Grow the team and actively help shape the culture of open communication, craftsmanship, and ownership
- Facilitate thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Take direct responsibility for quality, delivery, and uptime of the team’s products
- Interact with clients, product managers, and business leaders to gather and understand requirements around BitGo’s security-first products
- Collaborate with management and product teams to prioritize, estimate cost, spec upcoming features and services
- Champion the technical requirements of your team’s projects, ensuring they receive adequate resourcing
- Work closely with company leadership to identify upcoming opportunities and risks
- Resolve escalations arising from operations and work with various teams to solve problems
- Advocate for a positive engineering environment and engaging culture
- Facilitate high work productivity within team and cross-team
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading development teams
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, 2+ years as a manager
- Strong knowledge and experience with security engineering and system security in production environments
- Experience driving key security initiatives, including hardware security, application security, cryptography, and vulnerability management
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-volume applications
- Strong working knowledge of modern software development methodologies, software design patterns, and SDLC
- Proven experience sourcing and hiring top engineering talent
- Shipped multiple projects and services to large scale consumers
- A self-starter capable of adapting quickly and being decisive
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to see blockchain technology adopted by the world
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free commute and parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.