BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for an Engineering Manager to join us and lead a team to build new features and applications. BitGo processes a significant amount of cryptocurrency transactions so our applications need to be fast, accurate, scalable and secure. Our integrated platforms interact with a number of exchanges, agencies, and governments around the world, and we use the best technology the industry offers to build them.
- Lead and develop a team of talented and high-impact engineers, providing cultural, technical, and hands-on leadership
- Grow the team and actively help shape the culture of open communication, craftsmanship, and ownership
- Take direct responsibility for quality and delivery of the team’s work
- Own all technology and services that power the accounting and account infrastructure behind BitGo’s financial services, including internal tools and special-purpose CLIs
- Act as a strong, positive bridge between engineering teams and product operations, support, compliance, and business stakeholders
- Own, drive, and be accountable to KPIs pertaining to efficiency of internal operations, aspects of client experience like withdrawals and deposits, and service uptime
- Facilitate thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate with management and product teams to plan, estimate, and prioritize roadmap objectives
- Align the team to broader company objectives and client expectations
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- Work experience as a manager or similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- 6+ years of professional experience as a software engineer, 1+ years in a managerial role leading engineers
- Strong desire to automate where possible and build tooling for a more efficient workflow
- Strong debugging skills and ability to grasp the interconnected nature of complex systems
- Proven experience sourcing and hiring top engineering talent
- Experience working in a cross-team environment, collaborating with and enabling other functions to drive broader departmental goals
- A self-starter capable of adapting quickly and being decisive
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Experience with NodeJS, TypeScript, Postgres, React, Angular, and/or Kafka
- Understanding of and experience working in the financial industry
- Experience with microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Familiarity with any of the following: digital wallets, clearing and settlement, lending, trading, accounting systems, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with large-scale, real-time, and distributed applications
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.