Through our blockchain technology and rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system and increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. Ripple is looking for a passionate Information Security leader to build a world class Information Security program and team. As a leader on the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, and the larger crypto communities we engage with.
In this role, you will build and lead a team of security professionals responsible for ensuring security is prioritized as part of product development and operations. You will develop a clear product security vision and roadmap with clearly defined objectives and goals. Your passion for security and your ability to influence other technical leaders will be key to your success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with Head of Information Security to plan product security strategy and roadmap
- Build and lead a team of product security engineers and security professionals
- Be a security advocate and subject matter expert within the organization and be able to effectively communicate security risk and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Define operational metrics and key performance indicators to assure the team achieves operational excellence
- Relentlessly champion for security outcomes on behalf of our customers
- Work with other engineering leaders to embed security into day-to-day development processes
- Help proactively assess security risk through product deep dives, threat modelling, requirements, design, architecture and implementation reviews.
- Review and enhance existing security processes related to product assessments, pen testing, and bug bounty
- Develop product security controls and monitoring strategies to grow our threat detection capabilities
- Identify opportunities for security tooling and automation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 12+ years of experience in Information Security
- Collaboration with engineering teams to drive improvements at scale and building security capabilities
- Experience with product development and deployment processes, preferably in the fintech space
- Strong working knowledge of the OWASP top 10, including details of common vulnerabilities
- Experience with authentication and authorization standards including OAuth and SAML and their weaknesses.
- Inclusive leadership and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.