BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $60B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking for a Director of Information Technology to be a proactive leader that anticipates business needs while being able to quickly scale an IT team and functions including corporate infrastructure, procurement/asset management, privacy, software applications, and user support services as needed. This individual should be highly collaborative and focused on building relationships across all departments in order to uncover additional ways that IT can facilitate a technological environment that allows for teams to produce their best work. The Director of Information Technology exemplifies and inspires a customer-centric approach across the organization, with an emphasis on delivering high quality services at a high velocity. This is a full-time opportunity.
- Define and execute the strategic roadmap for the Information Technology team which includes a cloud first strategic approach, project accountability and timely service delivery.
- Lead and grow the Information Technology team across multiple locations and manage cross-functional partnerships throughout the organization.
- Lead efforts to standardize operations and develop integration plans to assess upgrade needs, maintenance, and operating level risks.
- Optimize management, configuration, integration and availability of existing information technology systems and corporate infrastructure.
- Evaluate and implement new information technology to support a growing organization and evolving needs.
- Establish and maintain service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure IT functions meet or exceed stakeholder expectations while adhering to compliance, financial reporting, and security controls.
- Oversee the systems, structures, and procedures for the onboarding and offboarding of employees, as it relates to IT hardware and software.
- Effectively manage relationships with vendors, outsourcers, and consultants including contracts, service agreements, and escalations while maintaining negotiated service levels to optimize delivery and cost.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI’s), objectives and key results (OKR’s) metrics.
- Maintain strong emotional intelligence throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive startup environments.
- Highly adept at assessing needs for M&A’s and integrating service platforms.
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- 10 years experience in Information Technology and proven experience as a Director of Information Technology, Head of IT or similar role.
- 5 years experience building and managing IT infrastructure, systems, teams and services in high-growth companies.
- Proven knowledge of, and experience with, IT technologies including server, desktop, storage, data center, network architecture and SaaS apps.
- Prior experience growing and supporting the internal IT presence during rapid scaling phases.
- Experience owning a budget while establishing and executing on technological roadmaps.
- Familiarity with compliance and audit standards, including SOC 1 & 2 (Type 1 & 2).
- Demonstrated experience executing on organizational vision and strategy.
- Knowledge of asset management methodologies.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate conceptual ideas, engineering rationale, and technical challenges both verbally and visually, to a wide range of audiences.
- Hands on leadership style with the ability to dive into technical details and act as a technical subject matter expert in an array of domains.
- Continuous improvement mindset, proactively looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies, refine processes and cut costs with internal IT processes, as well as throughout the business.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and successfully lead multiple initiatives.
- Ability to maintain steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations.
- Knowledge and experience in information security and security engineering.
- Familiarity with information security controls frameworks and standards (e.g., SOC 2, ISO 2700X, NIST 800-53).
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.