Ripple is a crypto solutions leader that is transforming how the world moves, manages, and tokenizes value. We are working to bring the Internet of Value to life – and looking for talent to help drive this crypto-enabled future.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a dynamic business leader to manage our joint venture partnership in Japan and bring the partnership to the next level of growth. The Director of Joint Venture Partnership will sit in San Francisco (or Singapore) and work closely with our joint venture team based in Japan to together grow our business in Japan and Korea and enable transformational opportunities in the region. This role reports to VP of Corporate Strategy and Operations.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned entrepreneurial leader with experience in strategic partnerships, business development and/or corporate development, having a proven track record of managing complex relationships with large financial institutions and/or technology companies. In collaboration with our strategic partners and their senior leaders, you will set JV business strategy, optimize partnership structure and explore new business opportunities. A strong interest, curiosity and network and experience in digital assets / crypto markets are desirable. Candidates should be comfortable working up and down organizations and with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally, and be capable of building strong relationships with partners and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage all aspects of joint venture partnerships, including strategy, partnership structure, sales and customer success, with the goal to grow JV’s contributions to Ripple’s business
- Together with the joint venture team, develop annual/quarterly OKR targets, monitor the OKR progress and implement improvements to the existing processes
- Drive alignment between the joint venture and Ripple’s cross-functional teams
- Deliver periodic presentations on the progress of joint venture business to senior leaders at Ripple
- Manage partnership contracts between Ripple and the joint venture by working closely with our Legal team
- Manage related partnership initiatives outside of the joint venture
- Explore and execute on transformational business opportunities in Japan / Korea in the areas of crypto and blockchain
- Manage a team member (JV program manager) based in APAC
- Periodic travel to Japan (and Korea) is expected for this role once travel restrictions are lifted
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of experience in strategic partnership and business development, ideally from a financial technology and enterprise software background; experience working in both US and Japan
- Knack for structuring and solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Strong understanding of the financial services (payments in particular), fintech and crypto industry landscape in Japan and Korea; have the potential to act as a thought leader in the region
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a self-starter
- Proactive with drive and energy to deliver results independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced global organization with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Proficiency in both English and Japanese (Native Proficiency level) with outstanding verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to read contracts written in Japanese)
- Willingness to make yourself available for evening calls with our partners / customers in Asia
- MBA preferred but not required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving donation match
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussions with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.