We are looking for a (Senior) director to lead our teams charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner.
You will mentor, lead and grow the team of Applied Scientists, Engineers, and Technical Program Managers building our liquidity and trading platforms that power Ripple’s payments and crypto liquidity products. From forecasting supply and demand, to optimizing routing across traditional and digital assets and venues, to enabling price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets and tokens, to building a globally distributed, highly performant trading platform—the team leverages cutting-edge ML and engineering techniques to dramatically simplify access to liquidity.
Ideal candidates will have a track record of leadership and technical excellence in designing and delivering reliable global-scale solutions. You will be a hands-on leader, diving deep to set the right goals, set technical direction and deliver results in an incremental manner without sacrificing a long-term vision. You must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical and scientific leadership for our forecasting, planning, routing, risk management, execution and experimentation systems that scalably and reliably deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers.
- Own and deliver your roadmap while driving technical and operational excellence across our engineering and machine learning systems
- Be a program owner, responsible for business outcomes and technological innovation
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team, both your direct reports and the broader org
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s inventions and processes so we can rapidly deliver innovations for customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 7+ years of experience managing engineering teams; have managed engineering teams of 15+
- Track record of building, growing, and leading high performing engineering teams.
- Experience delivering complex, real-time internet-scale systems involving machine learning and AI; preferred if in finance or trading domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Thrive on autonomy and responsibility.
- Track record of recruiting and mentoring world-class teams
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.