RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers and institutions to collectively build the internet of value (IoV) – which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We contribute to open-source protocol development and innovations that contribute to the IoV (e.g. the XRP Ledger). We also partner with financial services firms and institutions to develop solutions that use XRP, the XRP Ledger, and related technologies such as our CBDC Ledger.
- Ripple is looking for a Business Development leader to work with central banks around the world, with an initial focus on supporting their Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) initiatives.
- In this role you will help lead Ripple’s strategy and build relationships with central banks. With primary responsibility for securing and managing partnerships with central banks to build and deploy CBDC projects.
- Key to success will be close collaboration and coordination with other teams at Ripple, including legal/regulatory relations, product management, engineering, marketing, communications, corporate strategy and business operations.
- You will also be a thought leader on the intersection of digital assets, blockchain technology, and central banks, including the future of CBDCs
- Ideal candidates should have a strong business development or sales background, a track record for closing first-of-a-kind deals, a proven ability to engage with senior executives at financial organizations, a far reaching network, and an understanding of the Fintech and Blockchain ecosystem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Further develop Ripple’s strategy for central bank engagements in partnership with RippleX leadership, product management, engineering, regulatory relations, and marketing.
- Own partnerships with central banks on CBDC projects, proactively managing a target list and pipeline of banks and projects, driving the deal process from start to finish.
- Develop business cases, proposals, or pitches for prospective partners
- Attain a strong working knowledge of the product, to present and demo in partner meetings.
- In conjunction with the technical team, manage CBDC projects against a timeline, proactively planning for resource requirements and ensuring a quality experience for central bank partners.
- Serve as a conduit for feedback between central bank partners and our product, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Develop strong relationships with central bankers and their technology partners, and educate this ecosystem of players on CBDCs.
- Stay abreast of the industry landscape and key developments related to central banks’ adoption of digital assets and blockchain technology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 12+ years in enterprise technology sales or business development, with experience selling to large financial institutions or central banks.
- Global sales experience is strongly preferred.
- A strong network of central bank executives and influencers is a plus.
- Adept at learning, and quickly developing a strong command of new, complex technology products and systems.
- Excels at managing the full partner lifecycle, from developing market strategy to managing a pipeline to closing deals and driving successful implementations.
- A knack for relationship building and influencing externally, in any given market, and internally with key stakeholders on a team.
- An understanding of how central bank systems and/or digital assets and distributed ledger technologies work is preferred but not required.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and how to navigate them is also preferred but not required.
- Well organized, with a strong attention to detail , and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MBA preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical and vision with 100% employer contributions for employees and dependents
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement program
- Weekly company-wide meeting – ask anything you may want to know
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.
To Apply for this job email your details to [email protected] or complete the following form...