Ripple is a mission driven company dedicated to transforming finance and other global industries by unlocking the potential of blockchain and crypto technology. As the world transitions to a low-carbon economy and works together to remove 50B tonnes of carbon from the earth’s atmosphere by 2050, we believe blockchain and digital assets will play a catalytic role in helping global carbon markets to modernize and scale to accommodate surging demand and supply for carbon products. The stakes could not be higher.
Already a leader in sustainable blockchain and crypto technology, Ripple is growing its team and increasing its commitment to leveraging blockchain and crypto to help address climate change. We are looking for a dynamic, growth oriented leader to join the Global Business Development Team as Director of Business Development for Carbon Markets, working closely across RippleX, Ripple Impact and other Ripple teams to get the job done. You will work with climate focused fintechs, crypto exchanges and market makers, and leading climate NGOs. This role is based in San Francisco or New York.
In addition to our carbon markets strategy, RippleX is also pursuing crypto opportunities across a variety of real-world use cases, including DeFi (decentralized finance), Dapps (decentralized applications), CBDCs, NFTs, Stablcoins, Financial Inclusion and more.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dynamic business development and entrepreneurial leader with a track record of launching and scaling new businesses, a proven history of closing creative, first-of-kind deals and building impactful and durable collaborative partnerships with shared incentives. A deep understanding of and passion for climate change and familiarity with how carbon credits and carbon markets work will help you excel in this new role. You are a person who is energized collaborating with a talented global, cross functional team. You have the foresight and creativity to think through how companies, developers, nations, NGOs, investors, and consumers will adopt and embrace innovations in carbon markets, including leveraging blockchain and crypto to enable game-changing solutions. You are undaunted by the scope and complexity of the opportunity. And you are passionate about solving global challenges like climate change. Come join us if this excites you, and you know how to get it done.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help set the direction, strategy and priorities for RippleX’s Carbon Markets initiatives, and influence the overall team and business strategy.
- Build a partnerships program at RippleX to establish XRPL as the preferred L1 blockchain for carbon market projects.
- Develop new opportunities for partnership and XRPL ecosystem expansion across the wider carbon markets landscape.
- Cultivate relationships with CEOs and leadership teams in the world of carbon markets – they are your potential customers, partners and peers.
- Source, structure, negotiate, and execute high profile deals with projects, companies, entrepreneurs, investors and others in the carbon market ecosystem.
- Be the voice of the customer and work with product, marketing, engineering teams and others to help drive use cases, solutions and product market fit for Ripple’s carbon strategy.
- Collaborate closely with Corp Dev, Ripple Impact, Product, engineering and other teams as appropriate to further develop and drive Ripple’s carbon markets strategy and value proposition.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are passionate about carbon markets, solving the climate crisis, crypto, and the move to a decentralized world.
- You have a deep understanding of and 3+ years experience working with carbon markets, working on climate-related issues, or related fields.
- 12+ years strategic business development or deal making/closing experience, including closing deals in the carbon/climate space.
- You are an analytical, solutions-oriented thinker.
- You excel at collaborative, consultative selling and have evidence of creative first of its kind dealmaking.
- You can vet start-ups and entrepreneurs because you are one, or have been one.
- You can communicate an idea in a memo, a presentation, or to an audience of 5,000.
- You work and play well with colleagues and partners because you have a high EQ, are self aware, and understand it’s just more fun that way.
- You know how to inspire, lead, and get it done.
- You are driven to succeed; you are detail-oriented and embrace being held accountable to results.
- You have experience, motivation, and demonstrated results growing/launching new businesses, energizing teams and celebrating team successes.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.