You’ll be joining CowSwap team a distributed team with offices in Berlin & Lisbon and some fully remote people. You will be a part of our development team building new features and automation to help us run our systems smoothly.
About CoW Protocol
We are an ambitious, fast growing and international team working at the forefront of DeFi. We believe that we can make markets both more efficient and fair, by building the ultimate batch auction settlement layer across EVM compatible blockchains.
We have been part of Gnosis since 2017 – one of the first projects building on Ethereum – and are now in the process of gaining our independence. We are looking to extend our team with high performers who are willing to take ownership and are focused on impact. If you are a team player who also strongly believes in the importance of integrity and long-termism of the ecosystem, you might fit right in!
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scientist, supporting us to extract relevant data from the Ethereum blockchain to help us make better, data driven decisions and to inform our product, business and marketing teams.
You will primarily work with the decentralized exchange team to help us compile, analyze and visualize relevant data about our product and relevant market trends.
What you’ll do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to inform product and business decisions and marketing content.
- Mine and analyze product specific data from the Ethereum blockchain using tools such as Dune Analytics, Nansen, and Bloxy in order to help the product team to make better, data driven decisions.
- Proactively suggest new types of data that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Regularly analyze data sets and report relevant trends to the product, business and marketing team.
- Ensure easy access to relevant data trends for all team members.
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from Ethereum.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
Who you are
- Proficiency in querying databases and using statistical computer languages (R, Pandas, SQL, GraphQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, yet also able to multi-task and work independently.
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space;
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team;
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem;
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions;
- Impact: you are joining a startup, you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
But most importantly – grow with us! We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there’s a lot of opportunities for you at Gnosis/CowSwap. We’re enthusiastic about our shared mission and enjoy spending time together!