The Ecosystem Success team at Parity focuses on supporting external development teams building solutions with and for the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem. The overall objective is to improve the two platforms, increase the engineering capabilities and accelerate their adoption.
As the Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem grows, so does the data associated with it. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to lead the construction of production-standard data pipelines. This hire will not only implement our organizational data architecture but also design it.
This is a great opportunity to lead the development of a scalable architecture for a rapidly growing open-source technology startup. If you are passionate about working with data, blockchain technologies and taking an ownership mentality this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
- Lead the design and construction of scalable, reliable data pipelines from a variety of sources.
- Coordinate with DevOps to support the design and deployment of a data architecture that will act as the source of truth for the organization.
- Lead the decision making process on the choice of data processing and ETL tools.
- Maintain high data-quality and integrity for pipelines.
- Create self-service tools for data consumers both within the organization and also the wider Substrate and Polkadot ecosystem.
Qualification and Skills
- 3-5 years of work experience in Data Engineering.
- Strong proficiency in Python and SQL.
- Understanding of different approaches to data storage (RDMBS, NOSQL databases).
- Experience working with cloud services (GCP preferred) and automation tools (Apache Airflow or another open source framework preferred).
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritise, communicate, and function in a small team.
- Strong program management skills and able to address multiple projects in parallel managing competing interests and aligning various parties on a common goal.
- Understanding of blockchain technologies and ecosystems.
- Passion for open-source software development.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience building novel data pipelines.
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- You will gain a keen understanding of blockchain technology and business development and have a skill set transferable to many jobs.
- Because we value initiative and learning, we’ve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your choosing. We think you know what’s best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries, and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed.
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats.
- To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: https://www.parity.io/applicant-notice/