Video Editor Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the team and talent to determine production vision.
- Reviewing raw material to determine shot list.
- Manipulating film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintaining continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trimming footage and putting together the rough project.
- Inserting dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensuring the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consulting with the team and talent throughout the project.
- Creating the final cut for broadcasting.
- Assisting in show scheduling, project management, and final uploading to our Media and YouTube platforms.
- Owning end-to-end video development for special ad-hoc projects, such as video e-cards, tutorials, platform/product walkthroughs/demos, video bios, brand videos, etc.
- Supporting and managing live streaming events.
Video Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field.
- Previous work experience as a Video Editor and creative experience in filmmaking and videography
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe Premiere Pro and some After Effects experience is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with live stream software, including YouTube and ReStream.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects and experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music, and transitions
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule and to work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
- Ability to work both independently and to collaborate will with other team members.