As digital assets and cryptocurrency become more widely adopted every day, businesses rely on Elliptic for key data insights to give them an edge in the market. Our unique data set allows customers to see market moves before they happen, driving business decision-making. Our products are used by the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and government agencies, responsible for billions of dollars worth of transactions every single week.
Elliptic is backed by some of the top VCs: SoftBank Vision Fund, Octopus Ventures, Evolution Equity Partners, Digital Currency Group, Albion VC, SBI Group, Santander, Wells Fargo, and more, and our global team is based predominantly in the UK, USA, Singapore and Tokyo.
To achieve our mission, we depend on our incredible team of Elliptites. Our values are reflected in everything we do and every decision we make, both internally and outwardly to our customers. We actively encourage Elliptities to challenge the status quo and allow the freedom to innovate and learn every day. We encourage new ideas and learning, whether that’s through collaboration, our curiosity sessions, or utilising your professional development budget – personal growth is important to us all.
The impact you will have:
You will be joining a new team within the company that’s laser-focused on exploiting our data set to explore new use cases. We want someone who is ambitious, passionate and data-driven. This is a unique opportunity and the role will be part of a small, dedicated Market Intelligence team with some collaboration with the wider Elliptic data and research teams.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the rest of the Market Intelligence team to think creatively about insights to be drawn from our existing data set, both to develop new products and to produce provocative thought leadership
- Be up-to-date with the latest cryptocurrency research and develop your own point of view on the market, become known as a trusted thought leader
- Join customer discovery meetings to understand customer needs, and help to solve their problems by surfacing actionable insight from the data and help customers better understand proxy indicators for what they want, plus how to triangulate the depth of insight we can serve them
- Help answer data-specific questions that our discovery work uncovers and ideate around what customers may not explicitly ask us for, but data we think might serve them in interesting or unusual ways
- Communicate clearly to a variety of audiences to help them understand how to leverage our data insights
- Be the custodian of our data excellence – helping prospective customers understand in simple terms why our dataset can generate better, deeper and more real-time insight than any other product on the market
You will be a great fit here if you:
- Know the basics of cryptocurrencies and have a genuine interest in understanding what patterns lie beneath the seemingly disorderly structure of the blockchain.
- Love interrogating and manipulating data, looking for answers to your questions with an eye for what is most insightful and useful to our customers, looking through the data to come up with creative approaches to answering data-related questions
- Have a background in financial services, ideally as a quant
- Enjoy being customer facing and translating their requirements into a data query
- Have very strong written and verbal communication skills – a core part of this role is helping our customers and prospects understand the art of the possible in our dataset
Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2 years of commercial quant research experience or equivalent relevant experience at Ph.D. or MSc level
- A strong numerical degree-level qualification (e.g., Computer science, Maths, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Familiarity with financial products and quantitative equity strategies
- Some experience in performing quantitative research and data analysis with traditional financial asset classes
- Passionate about financial markets, alternative investment opportunities and deep research
- Strong analytical skills, experience working with and analysing large data sets
- Strong knowledge of at least one major programming language (preferably Scala, Java, or Python)
- Familiar with SQL
- Good understanding of all the data science fundamentals, and experience with the necessary toolkits (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, scipy, …)
- Share Options
- Holiday – 25 days + public holidays + additional day for your birthday
- Private Health Insurance – we use Vitality!
- Work Pension Scheme
- Quarterly full-day off-sites & annual company 3-day offsite
- $1000 Personal training budget & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- $500 Home office allowance
- Enhanced parental leave; we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and job-protected leave
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Our offices provide all of the amenities you could need
- Work with top of the range equipment – MacBook Pro and any other equipment you need
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the norm – working at Elliptic is never boring!
We know Diversity and Inclusion is much deeper than just hiring, but it’s important for us to mention it here. We welcome and embrace individuals of all backgrounds and identities at Elliptic, and this is an ongoing priority for us. We know incredible people don’t all think in the same way. We want to be challenged every day. We believe our diverse team of individuals underpins this by bringing creative thinking and innovation to Elliptic every day. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace, so we welcome applications from everyone, even if you may not think you fit all of the requirements of our roles. We foster an environment of psychological safety, where everyone feels comfortable to bring their whole self to work