BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions with over $64B in assets under custody. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo secures approximately 20% of all on-chain Bitcoin transactions by value and supports more than 400 digital assets within its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo is looking to hire a Compliance professional with a focus on Control Room & Marketing Compliance. We’re aiming to speak with candidates in the Greater New York City Area who are potentially open to working a hybrid work structure next year in Manhattan (half remote/half on-site).
- Perform the day-to-day core responsibilities of Control Room Compliance including:
- Maintaining and monitoring the firm’s information barriers
- Maintaining the Firm’s Watch and Restricted Lists
- Implementing necessary sales, trading and research restrictions
- Clearing research before publication
- Chaperone communications between Research and Investment Banking
- Providing advice and guidance to front office businesses in respect of permissible interaction with research analysts, pre-clearing permitted communications between them and chaperoning as necessary
- Provide advice and guidance to the business in respect of the firm’s watch & restricted list policy, research restrictions during advisory mandates and other Control Room-owned policies.
- Provide training to various business areas in the specific areas of Control Room expertise.
- Participate in the conduct of internal and external enquiries and investigations as necessary.
- Review and approve Research marketing materials, videos, podcasts and conference calls replays
- Review and approve/deny suggestions for compliant posting of marketing materials, social media inserts and external communications targeted at clients
- Review and approve public appearances, working with our media team
- Providing training, advice and guidance to business partners related to marketing and communications with the public.
- Five years of experience in Control Room and Marketing Compliance, will consider other relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of applicable FINRA rules, SEC rules, and relevant industry standards including Communication with the Public rules
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Ability to comfortably interact with professionals and clients in a professional setting
- High levels of ethics, integrity and judgment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Series 7, 63, 86/87 and 24 preferred or obtained within one year of hire date
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.